Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bryan Price appreciation thread.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Bryan Price appreciation thread.

Guy has caught a lot of flack on here,including me.But there is no denying the work he has done to improve Chapman,Bailey,Leake.I recall reading last season how Chapman was elated with Price teaching him.Starters and Bullpen are rolling,and give credit where credit is do.I know having good talent always helps,but being able to keep that talent consistent requires good teaching I believe.The days of Dick Pole are gone,and all the props to Walt for making a change over Dustys buddy.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bryan Price appreciation thread.

Thank you Brian

Arroyo giving up the ball yesterday shows a tremendous amount of maturity but it also shines light on how well Price is respected in the clubhouse imo.

Price gets rave reviews on how well he communicates and that cannot be undervalued. He can be saying the same things as Dick Pole did but comminicating it so his players comprehend being the difference. Doubt that's the only difference between Price and Pole but is an example.
    I don't think we can underestimate the importance of adding an assistant pitching coach to the staff this year in Mack Jenkins. The preparation Price and Jenkins put in working with the advanced scouts has certainly been evident this year.

I've never had any problem with Price.

Dick Pole? Lol Some relief pitcher would suck and he'd growl all the way out to the mound looking like a grouchy old drunk.

Yeah, concerning Pole, I never was much of a fan. I don't know, something about him just always rubbed me the wrong way. I could be dead wrong and he might have had a Brady Bunch "Sunshiny Day" attitude - but to my viewing eyes, the guy just always seemed a grouch.

Of course, if I had to bear the name Dick Pole my entire life (imagine what Jr. High & High School must have been like for that guy), I might not be the "cheeriest" guy there ever was either

But in all seriousness, while Bryan Price has made me question him at times, I think he has more than proven himself as a very capable and very well respected pitching coach. I certainly hope the Reds keep him around.

Now, their hitting coach OTOH.....

Pole and Bailey got into a altercation I believe. That said, Dick knew Bailey wasn't a power pitcher and tried to refine him into what he would become.

Just wasn't a good people person.

Turn Off Ads?