Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Saturday, 7/28 Minor League News

Saturday, 7/28 Minor League News

Louisville beats the overlovin' crap outta Toledo, 8-4. 15 hits on the game, including Cody Puckett's 6th dinger. Henry Rodriguez (3-5, 2 2B) and DiDi Gregorius (2-5, 3B) continue to hit well after promotions to the Red AAA club. Rodriguez is at .315 and Gregorius at .314 in their limited ABs.

Pensacola also defeated their opponent, Huntsville, 6-4, despite managing only six hits. Billy Hamilton once again led the way for the Blue Hoo crew, with two singles in four ABs. Donald Lutz and Bryson Smith, reliving their Bakersfield days, had a triple apiece, while David Vidal doubled. Oh, yeah, two more stolen bases for Hamilton (among the five 'Hoo thefts on the night) put him at 117 for the year. Bryson Smith also threw out a runner from the OF, for an assist, but was hit by a pitch and had to leave the game. Worrisome, that, as he's hitting a robust .333 in AA.

Dayton lost a tough one, 6-5 despite three runs in the top of the ninth. Not enough. Still, Sean Buckley (2-4, 2 HR) and Kyle Waldrop (1-3, HR, BB) led the way for the Dragons.

Billings is up 5-2 after four and a half innings. Zach Vincej hit the first home run of his professional career. He also walked and singled later in the game. Robert Ramirez, the Mustang 2B, is 3-3 with a SB. Sal Ramano has given up one earned and one un-earned in five IP.

Bakersfield hasn't started yet, and the Goodyear squad took the day off.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saturday, 7/28 Minor League News

L'Ville actuallly trailed in the game 4-0 after seven innings, but scored 3 in the top of the 7th and 5 in the top of the ninth to secure the win. After the Bats tied things at 4 in the 9th on a two-out single by Nftali Soto, Mike Costanzo received an iBB to load the bases, Cody Puckett provided the game winner with a grand slam.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-28-2012 at 11:14 PM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Billings just gave up 4 runs and the inning is still going. 8-6 so far.

Tanner Robles is off to another good start, one hit in 3 IP, with 3 K. It's 0-0, although Niko Vasquez has a single and double.

Four wild pitches by Dan Langfield in one inning.

The last time I saw that, my brother-in-law did it while pitching in college. He also hit two batters and gave up a 450-foot homer. That was the first, last, and only time he pitched that year. ERA? Infinity.

Billings answers with four to make it 12-6 after six. In addition to the three hits for Ramirez, four guys--Amaral, Pigott, Gelalich (3B) and Vincej (HR)--all have two.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Brean with an rbi double in that inning too.

Lamarre with 4 walks tonight, nice!

Billings wins 15-8. Pigott joins Ramirez with three hits. The Mustangs banged out 16 of them to go with 8 walks. Sal Romano gave up one earned run (two total) in his five innings and walked nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Lamarre with 4 walks tonight, nice!
    I know his lack of power is disconcerting, but I have some real hopes that LaMarre will make for a good professional outfielder. I'm trying to think of a comp but I'm not familiar enough with cases of guys who showed limited power in the minors.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Gelalich And SMB need to be in Dayton. I'd send Winker too if it were me.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?