Stubbs CF
    Votto 1B
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Rolen/Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Haniraco C
    Pitcher

Is a trade where we give up prospects/MLB caliber players necessary?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Could you live with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I agree with you, I don't think we need to make a move.

idk where post this since we have a ton of threads but

from org

A poster on the minor-league forum, 19braves77, lives in Pensacola and attends a lot of Blue Wahoos games. He just posted this:

Everybody hugging and shaking hands with Daniel in Pensacola after todays game. He has either been promoted or traded.

Tony was also told something is happening.....

I would flip BP and Drew at the top if that's what we had to work with.

I could live with it and would rather than make a deal with the Phillies.

I would rather deal for Fowler or Span than that lineup though.

A trade may not be necessary. But why not try and make your team better as long as it doesn't effect the future?

I wouldn't be happy about any scenario where Stubbs hits higher than 6th in the line-up.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

The rumor about the indication that Corcino was saying farewell to his teammates in the dugout last night is very unsettling to me given the alleged trade targets. Not one of the following is a big enough return in my opinion: Span, Victorino, Pierre, Pence. The only player that excites me as a trade target mentioned anywhere, and I don't know if there is any reality behind it, is Dexter Fowler. I truly believe Fowler is on the cusp of what could be an explosive stretch of seasons.

Victorino (32) and Pierre (35) have peaked and are on the downside of their careers. Not interested. Pence (29) is the only one of the four that I could stomach landing in a trade that involves Corcino, but I don't know where we put him. We need a top-of-the-order guy who can play CF and get on base. Enter Dexter Fowler. Pence would be a solid addition, but we'd still have a hole in center.

Fowler is only 26 and is playing in just his fourth full season this year. His peripherals have improved each season and that includes decent pop in his bat. And, all stats aside, we've had a chance to give the eye test this series and my eyes like what they see.

The Rockies would want Corcino and either Stubbs or Heisey to replace Fowler's void. As much as I want to hang onto Corcino, I'd do that deal.

CF Fowler
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    LF Ludwick
    RF Bruce
    3B Rolen/Frazier
    C Hanigan
    SS Cozart

Bench: Frazier/Rolen, Mes, Paul, Valdez, Heisey/Stubbs (got to DFA Cairo upon Votto's return)

That's a lineup that can hurt you top to bottom, and with the Reds outstanding rotation and solid pen (although that's another area of slight concern) - it's a team that could compete for a World Series title this Fall.

Final note: To those who think Ludwick cannot keep up this pace and handle the cleanup spot from this point forward, I disagree. He thrives in hitter-friendly parks and his confidence has been given a major boost this season. The slow start worried me, but I'm observing his approach, body language, and attitude and am very impressed with what he brings to our lineup. He might not be the long term solution in LF, but I'm content with him for this season - mainly because I don't believe we can land someone who is THAT much of an upgrade over him ... so why trade more pieces?
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    The rumor about the indication that Corcino was saying farewell to his teammates in the dugout last night is very unsettling to me given the alleged trade targets. Not one of the following is a big enough return in my opinion: Span, Victorino, Pierre, Pence. The only player that excites me as a trade target mentioned anywhere, and I don't know if there is any reality behind it, is Dexter Fowler. I truly believe Fowler is on the cusp of what could be an explosive stretch of seasons.

Victorino (32) and Pierre (35) have peaked and are on the downside of their careers. Not interested. Pence (29) is the only one of the four that I could stomach landing in a trade that involves Corcino, but I don't know where we put him. We need a top-of-the-order guy who can play CF and get on base. Enter Dexter Fowler. Pence would be a solid addition, but we'd still have a hole in center.

Fowler is only 26 and is playing in just his fourth full season this year. His peripherals have improved each season and that includes decent pop in his bat. And, all stats aside, we've had a chance to give the eye test this series and my eyes like what they see.

The Rockies would want Corcino and either Stubbs or Heisey to replace Fowler's void. As much as I want to hang onto Corcino, I'd do that deal.

CF Fowler
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    LF Ludwick
    RF Bruce
    3B Rolen/Frazier
    C Hanigan
    SS Cozart

Bench: Frazier/Rolen, Mes, Paul, Valdez, Heisey/Stubbs (got to DFA Cairo upon Votto's return)

That's a lineup that can hurt you top to bottom, and with the Reds outstanding rotation and solid pen (although that's another area of slight concern) - it's a team that could compete for a World Series title this Fall.

Final note: To those who think Ludwick cannot keep up this pace and handle the cleanup spot from this point forward, I disagree. He thrives in hitter-friendly parks and his confidence has been given a major boost this season. The slow start worried me, but I'm observing his approach, body language, and attitude and am very impressed with what he brings to our lineup. He might not be the long term solution in LF, but I'm content with him for this season - mainly because I don't believe we can land someone who is THAT much of an upgrade over him ... so why trade more pieces?
    I have never agreed with anyone more than I do with you right now, Fowler is the key, I hope if a deal ws reached with the Phils it was for Pence he is younger and will benefit in GABP.
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post

from org

A poster on the minor-league forum, 19braves77, lives in Pensacola and attends a lot of Blue Wahoos games. He just posted this:

Everybody hugging and shaking hands with Daniel in Pensacola after todays game. He has either been promoted or traded.

Ruh - roh!

I've been on the Fowler bandwagon for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post

from org

You would have heard something by now. I suspect this was fabricated or Corcino was promoted.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I sure could....

Phillips 2B
    Stubbs CF
    Votto 1B
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Rolen/Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Haniraco C
    Pitcher

No. I'll be disappointed if we attempt to go into the playoffs (provided we remain on course) with Drew Stubbs as an everyday player in the 2 hole. He's had a good week and been a big part of this winning streak, but it's fool's gold. Walt knows it. I hope he's exhausting every possible option to get this lineup some legitimate help.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?