Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Medical staff gets second chance...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Medical staff gets second chance...

    Well looks like Brandon did something to his knee..it will be interesting to see if or how the Reds and medical staff handles it over how they did with Votto.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Yep, he has calf cramps. Sounds pretty serious...

  4. #3
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    725

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Yep, he has calf cramps. Sounds pretty serious...
    Leg cramps are hard to come back from, I've heard.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    is everyone serious in this thread or being sarcastic? muscle cramps aren't gonna keep him out any games unless they somehow suspect it's something more

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Well I sure hope they dont take Brandons word for what it is.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Well I sure hope they dont take Brandons word for what it is.
    why?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    you act like they didn't do test without a machines. they didn't get an mri we get it but it's not like they didn't try other methods

  9. #8
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    is everyone serious in this thread or being sarcastic? muscle cramps aren't gonna keep him out any games unless they somehow suspect it's something more
    I was being sarcastic.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    I was being sarcastic.
    ok good, losing another player to injury would be devastating

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    why?

    A. Players lie
    B. Brandon isn't a doctor
    C. See A

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    just b/c votto played thru his problem does not mean he lied.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    361

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    I like how people act like the Reds medical staff doesn't know what they are doing. They might have the best medical staff in all of baseball. Players from other teams go to Kremchek to be operated on.

  14. #13
    Panicking Fan since 1993
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Thousand Oaks CA
    Posts
    277

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    I like how people act like the Reds medical staff doesn't know what they are doing. They might have the best medical staff in all of baseball. Players from other teams go to Kremchek to be operated on.

    Maybe other teams just hate their players.

  15. #14
    Arbiter of Good Taste OGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by OldCat View Post
    Maybe other teams just hate their players.

    cheers for the laugh

    I agree with the overall sentiment of posters in this thread. Phillips wouldn't lie to stay on the field. He's going to honestly tell them how much discomfort he is experiencing, they will do a variety of tests and what not to determine what might be wrong/what his range of motion is/etc., and they will apply their vast medical knowledge accumulated through years of schooling to recommend whether he needs to sit and how long.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Medical staff gets second chance...

    Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post

    cheers for the laugh

    I agree with the overall sentiment of posters in this thread. Phillips wouldn't lie to stay on the field. He's going to honestly tell them how much discomfort he is experiencing, they will do a variety of tests and what not to determine what might be wrong/what his range of motion is/etc., and they will apply their vast medical knowledge accumulated through years of schooling to recommend whether he needs to sit and how long.
    Players lie all the time about injuries. From HS level to pro, that is why you have hopefully well trained medical staffs.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25