Thread: Hunter Pence to Giants

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Hunter Pence to Giants

per Twitter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hunter Pence to Giants

Looks to be real. Haven't seen what they gave up yet anywhere though.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Better the Giants than the Pirates, I guess.

Now he just tweeted the Giants said "there's no truth to the rumor"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Now he just tweeted the Giants said "there's no truth to the rumor"
    lol I just saw the same thing. trade deadline rumors are nuts now with the popularity oftwitter
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Hope that's the case. I don't know why, but sometimes I'd really like to have Pence.

He's not exactly what we need, but I think he'd rake in GABP
    Last edited by Mr.Redleg82; 07-30-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Would be odd for a stations sports directer to put out false news and hurt his standing in the business, but you never know this time a year. He said it was pending ownerships approval so maybe the Giants VP is trying to throw water on the news getting out until the deal becomes offical and the players are notified. Apparently that station has a history of breaking Giants news first so I guess there could be some smoke here.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    Would be odd for a stations sports directer to put out false news and hurt his standing in the business, but you never know this time a year. He said it was pending ownerships approval so maybe the Giants VP is trying to throw water on the news getting out until the deal becomes offical and the players are notified. Apparently that station has a history of breaking Giants news first so I guess there could be some smoke here.
    Very true. Not familiar with Giants farm system, but if we really wanted him I'm sure we had the pieces. Does anyone know anything about the Giants farm system?

The Giants farm system is actually pretty good. I don't know how it ranks in comparison to other teams farm systems, but they certainly have quite a few solid prospects. I know in recent yrs. their farm system has generally been considered in the top 5 to top 10, producing players such as Lincecum, Bumgarner, Cain, Sandoval, Posey, Wilson & Romo. So while their system has been depleted of some of its top talent over the past few yrs., there remains several really good prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the Giants farm system?
    They've got a few good young shortstops that might appeal to the Phillies with an aging Rollins. Brandon Crawford has gotten the nod so far this year after being up and down last season and is a defensive whiz. So is Ehire Adrianza, though, who is waiting in the wings and is a switch hitter. Baseball America projects him to eventually be the starter in the next few years (over Crawford). I don't think either guy will turn into the offensive SS Rollins was, but both flash the leather with the best of them.

Of course, that's all just speculation. The Phillies are so old, they could stand for a youth movement at literally just about every position, so tough to narrow whose the best fit.

A better question might be does anyone know anything about the Giants payroll situation? I believe Pence hits arbitration again next season.

Wow...I am going to a philly game in a week or so vs. Cards, may not be a very big crowd as it looks like Phils are saying "uncle" on this season...

Pretty sure this is the third time that Pence has been traded to the Giants this week and it's actually legit this time.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Wow...I am going to a philly game in a week or so vs. Cards, may not be a very big crowd as it looks like Phils are saying "uncle" on this season...
    I don't understand what they're doing up there. They were supposed to be great this year. It's not like it's inconceivable they could be next year, but here they are going into blow it up mode. I don't get it at all.

Turn Off Ads?