Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds #1 in latest MLB.com power rankings

Reds #1 in latest MLB.com power rankings

This is an exciting time to be a Reds fan. I think we are better than the Nationals, especially our bullpen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds #1 in latest MLB.com power rankings

Well deserved. Don't really see how anyone can argue, with how much weight is given to "what have you done for me lately" in those rankings.

#4 on espn

ESPN has The Reds moving from #5 to #4, with Rangers, Nats, and Yanks in ascending order. Yankees went 3-3 last week. What a joke.

EDIT: GO REDS!!!!

Yeah, but the Yankees are American league and their schedule is tougher.

You also need to consider who were playing recently though. Not exactly the most challenging teams even though we were on the road.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    You also need to consider who were playing recently though. Not exactly the most challenging teams even though we were on the road.
    Yes, but this our longest winning streak since 1999 and I've been a Reds fan long enough to watch us lose to Busch league teams we should have beat. Baseball is a funny game, it's still impressive if you win 10 in a row against the Astros.

redsfanhere

I still think this is very exciting i'm also a bluejackets fan we don't get this in columbus

Even though the Reds just executed the superlative argument, (i.e. "even going 10-0 against the worst teams in baseball is a monster feat in itself") it's still going 10-0 and winning 6 in a row on the road. During that run you're one wrong play away from going 9-1. You give any other team the same schedule, 99% of the time they lose a game. Reds could have the exact same schedule and I doubt they win all 10 again.

MLB.com seems to get it. This is testament to how biased ESPN is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Yes, but this our longest winning streak since 1999 and I've been a Reds fan long enough to watch us lose to Busch league teams we should have beat. Baseball is a funny game, it's still impressive if you win 10 in a row against the Astros.
    I'm not knocking it, it is awesome. Just not sure that it means we are better than the Rangers or Yankees.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I'm not knocking it, it is awesome. Just not sure that it means we are better than the Rangers or Yankees.
    I agree with that actually. We face either of those two teams today in a 7 game series and we lose it. I'm on the same page as Mr. Redlegger

redsfanhere

yell but look when they played the a's when they were suppose to be the big dogs i believe we swept them we just need to make it to the big dance anything can happen

I'm just annoyed by ESPN's guys ranking a team whose record is worse than ours (albeit one game) and who lost a series to us at home

I just expected a bigger jump in the rankings (which don't really matter anyway) but the 1-5 spots are packed so tight.

Home field advantage is based on record, not by ESPN employees opinions. So all is well

All the best teams are in the NL, whoever comes out of that league wins the WS

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    All the best teams are in the NL, whoever comes out of that league wins the WS
    I'm going have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. No way we beat the Angels/Rangers/Yankees in a 7 game, loser goes home series.

Love the Reds and i believe in them, but we just aren't there yet

Turn Off Ads?