Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Do today's events (or lack thereof)...

Do today's events (or lack thereof)...

...hasten the move of Billy to CF. It seems apparent that Walt went after Span and there's a good chance Stubbs may hve been heading to Minny. With Cozart and Didi still here, and leadoff/CF still possibly a sorespot, will the Reds shift Billy to CF? Wondering because I believe if they were to expect Billy to play CF in the Bigs anytime in the next year, now would probably be the time to move him.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-31-2012 at 06:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Do today's events (or lack thereof)...

Doubt it. The Reds have said already within the last month that their plan is to play Hamilton at shortstop while he is in the minor leagues.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Big mistake not moving Hamilton to CF now, IMO. Cozart and Gregorius clearly heads above Hamilton defensively. And Didi is starting to show some power in his hitting.

The only reason I can see them not moving him this year is so he can concentrate on the minor league SB record and not get distracted by learning a new position.

You cant move Billy to CF until instructs then you hope he can get some playing time in the AFL. It's not that easy. Ask Chipper Jones and Dominic Brown.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Big mistake not moving Hamilton to CF now, IMO. Cozart and Gregorius clearly heads above Hamilton defensively. And Didi is starting to show some power in his hitting.

The only reason I can see them not moving him this year is so he can concentrate on the minor league SB record and not get distracted by learning a new position.
    What makes you think he can play center field?

Quote Originally Posted by j_m_t_us View Post
    What makes you think he can play center field?
    1.) Fastest player in baseball...period..
    2.) Plus to 1/2 plus arm, he has an excellent arm...

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    1.) Fastest player in baseball...period..
    2.) Plus to 1/2 plus arm, he has an excellent arm...
    With that arm, why can't he play SS? The knock is that he has a weak arm - and in CF, would be a Deon Sanders.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Hamilton doesn't have a plus arm. He has a 45/50 arm, which is average at best.

Turn Off Ads?