Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Billy Hamilton SB Record Countdown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Official Billy Hamilton SB Record Countdown

to go.

This is an individual record, so I thought we could use jersey numbers of famous base thieves from around the league.

Brisco

Re: The Official Billy Hamilton SB Record Countdown

Someone with better automation skills please help me... i was trying to put a picture of Tim Raines (#30) onto this post.

This was an attempt at a Vince Coleman (#29) picture.

Can someone tell how to do this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post

This was an attempt at a Vince Coleman (#29) picture.

Can someone tell how to do this right?
    Use Google's image search, then click on "view full size image," then paste that URL in the IMG tags.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Ok... I fell behind here... but you try and find a great base stealer with uniform numbers 26 and 23!

I should have added former Reds Cesar Cedeno at 28, however.

Official Countdown trivia question of the day:

How many times has Billy Hamilton led the majors in steals for the season?

(No cheating by looking it up)

Side note... I am very conflicted with Billy's surge of six solen bases in the last three days. He only needs 21 to break the record, 20 to tie it. At this rate he will be there in a week, but I really want him to wait until the 24th. On that day the Wahoos start of 5 game stretch in Jackson, MS and you better believe I will be there every night just to watch him.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Has a player ever led 2 different minor leagues in any batting category? Hamilton currently is tied for 8th in the Southern League in SB.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I can't see Hamilton stealing enough to win the SL SB crown. He has 21 so far and the leader has 39. The Blue Wahoos only have 27 games left. So unless a few guys in the mid to high 30's in steals get hurt or promoted all at the same time, it just isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can't see Hamilton stealing enough to win the SL SB crown. He has 21 so far and the leader has 39. The Blue Wahoos only have 27 games left. So unless a few guys in the mid to high 30's in steals get hurt or promoted all at the same time, it just isn't going to happen.
    Hmmm at his semi-torrid current rate of 21 steals in 24 Southern League games, he will end up with 24 more steals or 45 total. Josh Prince, the league leader has stolen 39 bases in 111 games, at that rate he will have 49 at seasons end. Lee, who has 37 currently will have 47 at season end.

The odds say Billy will not catch him or the other leaders, but it is certainly within striking distance. (Throw in the fact that teh #1 and #2 each have only one SB in their last 9 games and it starts to look even more attainable.

Of course if Billy reverts to his Bakersfield SB rate, he will blow by both of them and have 55 at seasons end.

FYI, the incredible may have a chance... In three games, Billy has stolen 6 to be at 27 whereas the league leader only stole one. So the lead has gone from 18 to 13 with 24 games left.

FYI, the incredible may have a chance... In three games, Billy has stolen 6 to be at 27 whereas the league leader only stole one. So the lead has gone from 18 to 13 with 24 games left.
    Haha. You are right. Last night, the catcher simply didn't have a chance. The guy last night has only thrown out 21% of guys this year. The other catcher on the roster has thrown out 43%, so it will be interesting to see if he has more luck.

Haha. You are right. Last night, the catcher simply didn't have a chance. The guy last night has only thrown out 21% of guys this year. The other catcher on the roster has thrown out 43%, so it will be interesting to see if he has more luck.
    I saw your tweet on Billys 3.64 time...anything to add to it here?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I saw your tweet on Billys 3.64 time...anything to add to it here?
    Video is on youtube if you want to see it. It is funny though, he was out on that play. Later in the game he had 2 infield hits, both 3.85ish.

Once he breaks the record, I think the Reds brass will ask him to dial it back a bit.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?