Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65

Thread: Reds Acquire Broxton

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member MBZags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    238

    Reds Acquire Broxton

    Discuss here.

    Twitter reporting that the Reds gave up JC Sulbaran & Donnie Joseph.
    Last edited by MBZags; 08-01-2012 at 11:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    This could help move people around and make a push for span again

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    29

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Look at 2013 here also. Chapman to rotation, Broxton to closer...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Broxton is a free agent after this year

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Westside Cincinnati
    Posts
    73

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Quote Originally Posted by matt85webb View Post
    Broxton is a free agent after this year
    who would of thought

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    793

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Nice enough debut. You have to love the fact that we can get six solid from our SP and then roll out Marshall, Broxton, and Chapman. Nobody else in baseball can match that. And if you only get six from the SP the next day, Arredondo, and Ondrusek aren't slouches in the seventh and eighth.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    174

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Quote Originally Posted by SWIndRed View Post
    Look at 2013 here also. Chapman to rotation, Broxton to closer...
    Don't forget about Madson. He said he'll come at a discount. If we don't trade Broxton away, he could be a nice set up man next year for Madson.

  8. #8
    OCS Prez Cant Touch This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    636

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Quote Originally Posted by SWIndRed View Post
    Look at 2013 here also. Chapman to rotation, Broxton to closer...
    Or we have the modern version of the Nasty Boys in:

    Broxton
    Madson
    Chapman
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

    www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

  9. #9
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    3,847

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    I don't know what we gave up but, provided it wasn't a king's ransom, I really like this move.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

  10. #10
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    With Ondrusek doing his summer fade again, I would rather have JB in 8th than Logan.
    As other poster said, is Walt making this deal thinking of next season as well similar to Rolen a few years ago, and thinking of Chapman to rotation next season ?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    770

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Game thread after game thread i keep hearing that Dusty is over-using Chapman... but the fact is that we did not have another reliever that had proven effective in the closer's role. This year is not the year to experiement with the unproven. Broxton has that closer's mentality and a great ground ball percentage which will play well with out excellent infield defense. now Dusty has the ability to sit Chapman from time to time even though it is a closing opportunity.

    We gave up nothing that was helping us this year and apparently nothing that was surefire help in the future.

    I like this move.

    The walks do not worry as much because of the groundball percentage... that spells lots of DPs given our excellent middle defense.

  12. #12
    Member smixsell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Game thread after game thread i keep hearing that Dusty is over-using Chapman... but the fact is that we did not have another reliever that had proven effective in the closer's role. This year is not the year to experiement with the unproven. Broxton has that closer's mentality and a great ground ball percentage which will play well with out excellent infield defense. now Dusty has the ability to sit Chapman from time to time even though it is a closing opportunity.

    We gave up nothing that was helping us this year and apparently nothing that was surefire help in the future.

    I like this move.

    The walks do not worry as much because of the groundball percentage... that spells lots of DPs given our excellent middle defense.
    I didn't know that. Source? If true it makes me like this deal provided Brox is healthy.

  13. #13
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,709

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    With Ondrusek doing his summer fade again, I would rather have JB in 8th than Logan.
    As other poster said, is Walt making this deal thinking of next season as well similar to Rolen a few years ago, and thinking of Chapman to rotation next season ?
    Broxton is a FA in 2013

  14. #14
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Broxton is a FA in 2013
    Thanks, Scratch that idea

  15. #15
    Member MBZags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    238

    Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

    Twitter reporting JC Sulbaran is included in the deal, but there seems to be some uncertainty as to whether he is the only one.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25