Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Acquire Broxton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reds Acquire Broxton

Discuss here.

Twitter reporting that the Reds gave up JC Sulbaran & Donnie Joseph.
    Last edited by MBZags; 08-01-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Re: Reds Acquire Broxton

This could help move people around and make a push for span again

Look at 2013 here also. Chapman to rotation, Broxton to closer...

Broxton is a free agent after this year

Quote Originally Posted by matt85webb View Post
    Broxton is a free agent after this year
    who would of thought

Nice enough debut. You have to love the fact that we can get six solid from our SP and then roll out Marshall, Broxton, and Chapman. Nobody else in baseball can match that. And if you only get six from the SP the next day, Arredondo, and Ondrusek aren't slouches in the seventh and eighth.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by SWIndRed View Post
    Don't forget about Madson. He said he'll come at a discount. If we don't trade Broxton away, he could be a nice set up man next year for Madson.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWIndRed View Post
    Or we have the modern version of the Nasty Boys in:

Broxton
    Madson
    Chapman
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I don't know what we gave up but, provided it wasn't a king's ransom, I really like this move.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

part of BBN

With Ondrusek doing his summer fade again, I would rather have JB in 8th than Logan.
    As other poster said, is Walt making this deal thinking of next season as well similar to Rolen a few years ago, and thinking of Chapman to rotation next season ?

Game thread after game thread i keep hearing that Dusty is over-using Chapman... but the fact is that we did not have another reliever that had proven effective in the closer's role. This year is not the year to experiement with the unproven. Broxton has that closer's mentality and a great ground ball percentage which will play well with out excellent infield defense. now Dusty has the ability to sit Chapman from time to time even though it is a closing opportunity.

We gave up nothing that was helping us this year and apparently nothing that was surefire help in the future.

I like this move.

The walks do not worry as much because of the groundball percentage... that spells lots of DPs given our excellent middle defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Game thread after game thread i keep hearing that Dusty is over-using Chapman... but the fact is that we did not have another reliever that had proven effective in the closer's role. This year is not the year to experiement with the unproven. Broxton has that closer's mentality and a great ground ball percentage which will play well with out excellent infield defense. now Dusty has the ability to sit Chapman from time to time even though it is a closing opportunity.

We gave up nothing that was helping us this year and apparently nothing that was surefire help in the future.

I like this move.

The walks do not worry as much because of the groundball percentage... that spells lots of DPs given our excellent middle defense.
    I didn't know that. Source? If true it makes me like this deal provided Brox is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    With Ondrusek doing his summer fade again, I would rather have JB in 8th than Logan.
    As other poster said, is Walt making this deal thinking of next season as well similar to Rolen a few years ago, and thinking of Chapman to rotation next season ?
    Broxton is a FA in 2013

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Broxton is a FA in 2013
    Thanks, Scratch that idea

Twitter reporting JC Sulbaran is included in the deal, but there seems to be some uncertainty as to whether he is the only one.

Turn Off Ads?