Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Forgot too Mention Who I Talked To

Forgot too Mention Who I Talked To

....as you know I went to yesterday's streak-breaker. As we are leaving we are getting ready to go down the exit stairs of the sun deck. As we are on the top ready to go down my wife says...."isn't that Rick Sutcliffe?"....interested I looked and was looking for the 6'8 former Cy Young winner....what I did see was former Reds farmhand possible HOF Trevor Hoffman. He was with a group enclosed like the do the Reds pregame. We went over and said a few words and he autographed and picture posed for my brother-in-law.

Weird that no one recognized him until we went by. Thinking back I wish we would've had my brother-in-law (he had no idea who he was) as Mr. Sutcliffe for his autograph.

I'm proud my wife knows of Rick Sutcliffe....but I won't let the funny mistake go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Forgot too Mention Who I Talked To

Cool deal - Glad he was nice.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

While we're on the subject, I'll do you one lesser...

We walked through the Monday Night Raw (if they still call it that...) crowd on our way into the stadium. Probably a snaked 1.5 mile long line of people stretching from US Bank Arena to GABP was waiting to be let in to the event.

We finally got through the crowds and my buddy starts tapping all of us and pointing back to an old man standing with what appeared to be his grand kids. The old man was Charlie Coles.

UK-Miami Postgame: Charlie Coles - YouTube
    Last edited by The_Mudshark; 07-31-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

It's probably also important to note that Coles was in line for the WWE event and not the Red's game.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mudshark View Post
    It's probably also important to note that Coles was in line for the WWE event and not the Red's game.
    Good recognition....geez

That was a ridiculous line of mostly ridiculous people.

The Reds had won 10 in a row and 4 million people there to watch made up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Good recognition....geez

That was a ridiculous line of mostly ridiculous people.

The Reds had won 10 in a row and 4 million people there to watch made up stuff.
    We seriously regretted walking that route until we saw Coles at the end of the line. I don't understand why fake wrestling is so famous...

I'm so out of the loop that I didn't even know it was going on - I don't think I have seen anything on WWE/F in over 10 years.

I do remember really having a thing for Debra McMichael when I was in Junior High.

Last edited by The_Mudshark; 08-01-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: problem with image

Turn Off Ads?