Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillips Likely to the DL

Phillips Likely to the DL

hopefully not for long

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phillips Likely to the DL

where did you hear/read this?

might not play for a while does not automatically equal DL. Too early to tell. Not being available for the Pirates series would put us at a disadvantage, especially with Votto out.

Bet Walt wishes he knew this about 12 hours ago.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

God I hope not we will be setting ourselves up to be even more like the Braves last year.

“To tell you the truth, I’m not going to be playing for a while. Dr. [Kremchek, Medical Director] looked at it and he said it was worse than what they expected.

unreal

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I really don't like that quote about what he said regarding Kremchek. I thought everyone complaining when Votto went down was just being ridiculous.

But if they let another player play on with an injury that ended up being worse than they expected...someone needs a stern talking to, to say the absolute least.

He was still able to move around on it so I doubt it's a bad tear or something like that. If we gotta shut him down for a couple of weeks so be it, other guys will have to step up. And we're getting Mr. Votto back in the near future.

We'll be aight, no need to push it with BP.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

At any rate, who wants to set the odds on who will get called up?

Most likely is H-Rod, maybe Didi.

Dark horse would be Billy Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I really don't like that quote about what he said regarding Kremchek. I thought everyone complaining when Votto went down was just being ridiculous.

But if they let another player play on with an injury that ended up being worse than they expected...someone needs a stern talking to, to say the absolute least.
    This. +1
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

I know most hate Jim Edmonds, but he kinda said that's how our medical staff works.

He just tweeted it's time to lay low for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    He just tweeted it's time to lay low for a day or two.

if its a day or 2 that's fine but we might as well make sure him + votto our 100%.

guess lineup now?

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    if its a day or 2 that's fine but we might as well make sure him + votto our 100%.

guess lineup now?
    I definitely agree, get them to 100% for when it matters most. If not these kinda things can linger.

I won't even attempt to guess our lineup lol.

If this is going to be serious I'm going to be even more frustrated we didn't add offense, teams looking to make noise doesn't have two players like Valdez and Cairo getting regular ABs. What sucks is Ludwick is due for a down tick after raking for so long, if he slumps with BP and Joey out I'm not sure how we're going to score and our SP is springing a leak at the same time.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 08-01-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Turn Off Ads?