Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who goes down when Votto is ready?

Re: Who goes down when Votto is ready?

You never really know what is going to happen from now until the time Votto is ready to be activated. Another player could get injured, it happens. But at this point, obviously Fraizer has to stay, and Valdez is your only true middle infield back up. Paul is the only lefty off the bench, and he has been producing. Cairo, you were a great pick up and my hats off to you for being a valuable role player. But, your time is up.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

At the risk of being flogged, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Cozart gets sent down to work on his swing and Valdez takes over at short for the time being. Wrong call, but I'd guess it's on the table.

CORRECTION: He's out of option years, duh. Carry on.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    At the risk of being flogged, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Cozart gets sent down to work on his swing and Valdez takes over at short for the time being. Wrong call, but I'd guess it's on the table.

CORRECTION: He's out of option years, duh. Carry on.
    Not only is that not going to happen (not even close), but Cozart is not out of options. Unless there is something I'm completely missing, he's used zero options.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Lets just get through the injuries to both Philllips and Valdez right now. You may see a lot more of Cairo than you have all year. And who knows, regular AB's may see him start to heat up and contribute.

But I do agree with the notion of a bunt. Other than the pitcher, I'm not real keen on them. It's not just Dusty calling them, but I think the majority of managers would have called for a bunt. I would have trusted Cairo as a veteran either to move the runner along to third base or even bring him in with a hit.
    I don't like bunting guys from 2nd to third. He's already in scoring position, there's no DP in order, swing away and don't give up the out

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm bummed that Mez has to do his suspension, and the Reds have to play shorthanded (mandatory). With BP's injury, I was hoping they'd bring up Gregorius to play 2B so we could see him.

Before everyone jumps on me, I already know the answer. They won't bring him up because they don't want to start his ML clock.

Turn Off Ads?