Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

Re: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm sure the number of 21 year French soccer players going to London is about to explode, but I can always hope for Neymar right?

RVP is 29 so the fee seems to be about right. I think the new FFP rules have some impact on what teams can spend as well.
    Arsenal would never spend the full 24 mil on players, well not whilst they are still heavily in debt from the Emirates Stadium. Plus they had already signed 2 strikers in the off season.

On a brighter note my boys started off the season with a nice 4 nil win in the League cup

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wonder if they look to Dempsey now for around $10 mil.

They've spent $36 mil so far on Giroud/Podolski/Cazorla, after the RVP/Vela sale, they have to be close to $28 mil or so in money going out.

Spending $8 mil in the offseason isn't going to appease a lot of the fans.

Now if they sell Song for $20 mil to Barcelona, they better spend more money, or else the rioting could begin.

I know this is a Premier League thread, but I simply can't believe what PSG did. If you remove PSG from Ligue 1, the league net gained 67 million dollar this year. But, because of PSG's crazy spending, they actually lost 128 million as a league. PSG spent almost 200 million on transfer fees. Wow.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I know this is a Premier League thread, but I simply can't believe what PSG did. If you remove PSG from Ligue 1, the league net gained 67 million dollar this year. But, because of PSG's crazy spending, they actually lost 128 million as a league. PSG spent almost 200 million on transfer fees. Wow.

Didn't help them much in there first game but i agree Silva, Moura, Lavezz and Ibrahimovic (he may be old but still class) they are some signings. Will take a bit of time to gel tho.

Can only see Lyon getting close to them really.

Look out for them in the Champions League.

The bottom line is that I want to win trophies with Arsenal, not with anybody else. I know you can win trophies in many countries and in many ways, but I want to do that in our way and in an Arsenal shirt.

‘I’m sure I could win things at another team in another country, but would it feel like our trophy, my trophy? I’m not sure it would. Anything we win here will come from the heart and that’s what I want. It’s my dream and I see no point in speaking about other teams when I have these dreams. I think other people know that about me; I’m just hungry to win with Arsenal and that’s it – Robin van Persie, February 2011

Dempsey is refusing to play for Fulham and has been fined.

Arsenal has sold Song to Barca but don't know for how much yet.

RVP signed a 4 year deal with Man U (I just threw up in my mouth).

Soccer starts tomorrow morning at 7am and I cannot friggin wait!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Dempsey is refusing to play for Fulham and has been fined.
    Clint Who? Brilliant play from Fulham today.

We in the US think of the big market teams hoarding for players....but European soccer to me is the joke.

I mean why bother with any league.....just make a super league instead of a Champions League.

Other than Dempsey and a few GK, are there any other Americans playing in the EPL?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Other than Dempsey and a few GK, are there any other Americans playing in the EPL?
    Dempsey and Howard are the top 2 players. Geoff Cameron just signed with Stoke. Stu Holden, who has been injured for the past year, and Tim Ream play for Bolton, however they were relegated last season. It sounds like Maurice Edu is going to sign with Ipswich, who is also in the 2nd division. I think that's everyone.

Mind the gap, Robin

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Arsenal Top 10 Goals 2011-2012 - YouTube

This video would be awesome if 70% of the goals weren't scored by players no longer at Arsenal

God it was good to see Liverpool get flogged 5-0 first game of the season and to a team that will finish in the bottom half too.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    God it was good to see Liverpool get flogged 5-0 first game of the season and to a team that will finish in the bottom half too.
    They lost 3-0 not 5-0. The other team got some help from the ref on the 2nd goal as well.

Has anyone played "Football Manager"? It seems pretty intense.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?