Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

Re: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    LOL @ Sp*rs
    They really should have lost. Arsenal better show up tomorrow.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What an embarrassing situation to put yourself in after all the good work you have done this year.....And had been trying to clean up your act. I am ashamed to even say I was born in the same country. The guy has done nothing but self sabotage himself,club and in the last year his NT ...the way he collects yellows or just does stupid things.
    He's really an enigma. He's played brilliantly most of the season and then he has these lapses where he makes a boneheaded play, like the handball earlier in the game that gave Chelsea a penalty. I'll have to say that play was one of my low points as a Liverpool fan. Nobody likes to see a player on your team pull something like that.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I hate Van Persie sooooo much. Just looking at him makes me angry. Freaking Sagna, just terrible giving him that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    He's really an enigma. He's played brilliantly most of the season and then he has these lapses where he makes a boneheaded play, like the handball earlier in the game that gave Chelsea a penalty. I'll have to say that play was one of my low points as a Liverpool fan. Nobody likes to see a player on your team pull something like that.
    I know crazy soccer players are an oxymoron.....even Messi has been caught spitting at an opposing player but it happened a few years back, i think.....and he has managed not to do much to bring attention to himself in the negative way.

I do not expect him to have Forlan or Enzo Francescoli's temperament...which would go against how he is as a player. Are they supposed to lobotomize him? Basically tune him down and then half his ability as a player suffer...or is he doomed to end up playing in Greece or Turkey because no one else will take him?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I hate Van Persie sooooo much. Just looking at him makes me angry. Freaking Sagna, just terrible giving him that chance.
    Right there with you. His farewell message still irritates me.

Alex Ferguson stepping down at the end of the season. Pretty surprising, but he is 71 and has certainly earned the right to leave when and how he wants.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Who is the closest American comp to Sir Alex?

Best I could come up with is Phil Jackson, or maybe Nick Saban if he stays at Bama for another 10 years and wins a few more titles.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Best I could come up with is Phil Jackson, or maybe Nick Saban if he stays at Bama for another 10 years and wins a few more titles.
    Phil Jackson is probably the best. Maybe John Wooden.
    Harry Parker at Harvard Crew is probably the best...but no one cares about collegiate rowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

I would say one possible comp would be Tony LaRussa. Beloved and viewed as a genius by the home fans, viewed as a whiney gasbag by fans of other teams. It would probably be a closer comp if LaRussa had been manager of the Yankees for most of his career.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Not a Prem game, but the FA Cup Final was beautiful to everyone except City fans. Glad to see Wigan take home some silverware despite what has been an otherwise nightmarish campaign.

Championship football, my boys Leicester in the play offs missed a late penalty then Watford go down the other end and score.....to say i'm gutted is an understatement.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/l.../286365/report

Big win for Arsenal today. Feel bad for Wigan having to play for the FA Cup on Saturday and turn around and fight for their life 3 days later on the road against Arsenal.

Only thing that is left to decide is how places 3-5 will look.

Mancini been give the boot.....good news for Man City i feel. All top 3 clubs will go in to the new season with new managers.

15. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (05-18-2013)

So if Arsenal beats Newcastle 2-1, and Chelsea draws 0-0 with Everton, then Arsenal and Chelsea will have a neutral-site playoff for 3rd place, as they would be even in points, Goal Differential, and Number of Goals scored

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    So if Arsenal beats Newcastle 2-1, and Chelsea draws 0-0 with Everton, then Arsenal and Chelsea will have a neutral-site playoff for 3rd place, as they would be even in points, Goal Differential, and Number of Goals scored

In the unlikely event that those are the results, Chelsea would finish 3rd as they won both times the 2 sides meet.

Turn Off Ads?