Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/2/2012 Reds vs Padres

Re: 8/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    And Cozart.

I suppose. Just going by fact that inning should have been over prior to that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cairo allows another Padres homer, now 6-4. Maybin.

You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Starting pitching has been a disaster this series. Amazing they could win 3 of 4.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Was just going to post the same thing.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I wish they could clone Chris Welch so that he could be on both TV and radio at the same time. He's my favorite announcer.
    I think Welsh is great, but have you ever heard him do play-by-play on the radio.

It's bad.

Worse than Brantley.

Need some add-on here, fellas.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Need some add-on here, fellas.
    You ain't lying.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think Welsh is great, but have you ever heard him to play-by-play on the radio.

It's bad.

Worse than Brantley.
    Inpossible

Padres are up to 25 runs in 3 and not quite a half games against us.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think Welsh is great, but have you ever heard him to play-by-play on the radio.

It's bad.

Worse than Brantley.
    I've heard him on radio, I guess I consider it a treat, compared to the normal jokers that appear in the booth.

Kelch is the best non-explayer announcer.

I guess I don't even mind Brantley that much.

The Brennamans are the worst.. Thom is horrible on the TV. I remember the last game on TV I saw with Thom. The Reds are leading, but a Red failed to get a bunt down which lead to a huge rant by Thom.. The Brannamans don't realize that nobody successfully sacrifice bunts 100% of the time. They act like everyone should be perfect every time. They are annoying far too often, which outweighs their sometimes good moments.

Doug Flynn on radio is horrible.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I can't tell if the roation in this series is an anomaly or a sign of things to come?

I think we're piling on. Cairo hasn't hit, I'm ready for someone different, but exactly how has Cairo's defense been a "real blow" to the Reds this year?

He's played very well at first base. He hardly ever plays third and hasn't really hurt the club there.

He is playing second as a third string emergency second baseman and made a terrible play. That I'll agree with.
    His not making plays have cost the Reds greatly. Bobbled DP balls, high throws when he's playing first that directly resulted in runs, plus his general inability to field anything not directly at him.

Has become far too much of a liability w/ the leather.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I guess i dont accept the jab. Starting pitchers giving up solo homeruns in gabp on an august afternoon is unsurprising to me. Even from someone as good as cueto. Its extra bonus runs from crap D that tend to be deadly in gabp especially on days where the ball is flying.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I guess i dont accept the jab. Starting pitchers giving up solo homeruns in gabp on an august afternoon is unsurprising to me. Even from someone as good as cueto. Its extra bonus runs from crap D that tend to be deadly in gabp especially on days where the ball is flying.
    Wasn't a personal jab.

The game thread is being kind to Cueto IMO. He's allowed two homers in four innings. He allowed two baserunners (on hits) who scored, in part due to the misplay, and in part because of a third hit - a hard hit shot to Cozart.

I said Cairo's play was terrible. But Johnny doesn't get a lot of kudos for today, either.

Turn Off Ads?