Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/2/2012 Reds vs Padres

Re: 8/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Frazier has been huge for this team. Filling in for Rolen, filling in for Votto. Playing decent defense and producing at the plate.

All that for the team with the best record, and still if you put his picture on the monitor on ESPN Baseball Tonight, it would draw a collective yawn from the 'expert panel.'
    Agree completely.. Another huge unexpected surprise (at least not expected from me).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post

XP leading off, that's awesome! It's going to be a good day for the offense. 10 runs 15 hits good IMHO.
    I might have under estimated...
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Ohlendorf throwing that slider in the dirt and getting some folks to chase it.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

If they blow yet another lead.....I may have to go back to just doing work today.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Is it just me or is Stubbs seeing a few more pitches than a few weeks ago?
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

Brrruce!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Jay Bruce 2-run single makes it 5-0 Reds!

Now a balk makes it 6-0 Reds!

Man, it would be so nice to win this game (without Votto, Phillips, and Ludwick) and have a 3.5 game lead on the Pirates
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    If they blow yet another lead.....I may have to go back to just doing work today.
    Yeah, for the love of all that is holy, can they stop the Padres juggernaut offense for ONE game in this series?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Who's Joey Votto?

Another walk.... Pitching change coming up.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

6-0 Reds. Bases loaded, two outs for Cozart. Rolen (single, walk) and Frazier (2-run HR, walk) have reached base twice in the second inning.

Hopefully, Cueto won't be affected by the long inning. He has cruised through the first couple innings.

I know the Padres were dealt a big blow with Corey Luebke's injury, as well as Andrew Cashner's, but seriously...Jeff Suppan, Ross Ohlendorf, Kip Wells, and Jason Marquis? No matter how long the GM has been in place (Byrnes was just promoted this offseason), Redszone would be calling for his head daily.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?