Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/2/2012 Reds vs Padres

Re: 8/2/2012

1st and 3rd, no outs, need some insurance runs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I've heard him on radio, I guess I consider it a treat, compared to the normal jokers that appear in the booth.

Kelch is the best non-explayer announcer.

I guess I don't even mind Brantley that much.

The Brennamans are the worst.. Thom is horrible on the TV. I remember the last game on TV I saw with Thom. The Reds are leading, but a Red failed to get a bunt down which lead to a huge rant by Thom.. The Brannamans don't realize that nobody successfully sacrifice bunts 100% of the time. They act like everyone should be perfect every time. They are annoying far too often, which outweighs their sometimes good moments.

Doug Flynn on radio is horrible.
    Thom let everyone know last night the name of the new Reds reliever: Eric Gagne.

Rolen singles on a wacky play. 7-4 Reds. Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    I can't tell if the roation in this series is an anomaly or a sign of things to come?
    Probably an anomaly, but I don't think the individuals are as good as the whole staff combined. So I'm not surprised they'd go through this rough patch.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Rolen slowly creeping the average up.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

First and third, one run in, one out, Cozart up, bottom four, 7-4 Reds.

2-1 count. Need a fly ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Wasn't a personal jab.

The game thread is being kind to Cueto IMO. He's allowed two homers in four innings. He allowed two baserunners (on hits) who scored, in part due to the misplay, and in part because of a third hit - a hard hit shot to Cozart.

I said Cairo's play was terrible. But Johnny doesn't get a lot of kudos for today, either.
    No problem KC, and I wasn't necessarily giving "kudos" to Cueto. I also, though, am going to cut Cueto a ton of slack, as he's been so good for so long that an occasional hiccup relative to his high standards hardly seems fair game for complaint.

Particularly when poor D pours gas on a fire. When I look at this one, I don't worry a ton about the solo homers. I do confess to some frustration with poor D from Cairo that doubled the damage.

If that's unfair, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    No problem KC, and I wasn't necessarily giving "kudos" to Cueto. I also, though, am going to cut Cueto a ton of slack, as he's been so good for so long that an occasional hiccup relative to his high standards hardly seems fair game for complaint.

Particularly when poor D pours gas on a fire. When I look at this one, I don't worry a ton about the solo homers. I do confess to some frustration with poor D from Cairo that doubled the damage.

If that's unfair, my bad.
    Not unfair. I do think Cueto has been a bit less wonderful lately.

Has Cy Young numbers, not sure lately he's been that caliber.

But it's a long season, most pitchers have ups and downs.

Cozart singles to make it 8-4 Reds. First and second, one out for Miguel Cairo.

For all the metrics, measurements and quantifiers we have for baseball, as much as it sometimes makes sense putting into context, it still can be a funny game. No Votto? Go on a 13-3 tear. No Votto, No Rolen and No Ludwick in the lineup today? No Problem. Just score 8 runs already in 4 innings.

Strange game sometimes.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Terrific catch by Quentin robs Cairo of an extra base hit.

Brantley turns another routine out into what sounded like a HR call. I want to strangle him.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Brantley turns another routine out into what sounded like a HR call. I want to strangle him.
    If that was routine, I want to see spectacular.

Well, maybe it wasn't a routine play, but he sure made it seem like it was a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    If that was routine, I want to see spectacular.
    Sorry, I wasn't watching it live, I assumed he just caught it at the wall standing up, didn't know it was a spectacular play until Brantley went into more detail.

Turn Off Ads?