Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Umpire tosses the Music intern in minor league game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Umpire tosses the Music intern in minor league game

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post

Actually the coach forfeited the game by his refusing to do as I directed to remove the PA announcer. If you want to play the poor kiddies, parents etc card then play it towards the coach.
    Give me a break.. you forced the action.. You escalated the situation.
    He refused to comply with your request, thus YOU forfieted the game.
    You had the option to continue the game, didn't you..
    This just proves how arrogant umpires are.. No offense personally.. but
    you are saying "They ignored my eddict, it's their fault".
    Why did you have to make such an issue out of this?

Also just what ball park allows fans to bring in banners to make fun of players and what do the banners say ?? If I am not mistaken MLB does not allow banners in their parks making disparaging comments of others. I am also not sure what park has "funny music" when an opposing manager visits the mound. What park is this and what do they play?
    One team (I think it was the twins) would play the Darth Vader theme music every time the opposing manager came to the mound. If that manager was thin skinned, he would whine about being compared to a character that commited genocide in a movie.

It's fairly routine even at the ML level to play goofy music sometimes when the opposing manager makes a mound visit.

Regardless of what you find, making disparaging comments over the PA or playing songs over the PA that are mocking the job the umpire is doing is not defensible. It quite simply is bush league and unprofessional. The umpire is on the field to do a job and allowing paid employees of a professional baseball team to mock or insult him just to amuse the masses is horribly insane.
    You are umpiring a high school game.. Shouldn't you expect some bush league behavior? Was the PA announcer a paid professional that did this full time? I kind of doubt it. Most likely he was a volunteer helping the school out.
    Last edited by REDREAD; 08-02-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?