Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday 8/02/2012 Minor League Updates

Thursday 8/02/2012 Minor League Updates

Tim Crabbe survives a shaky first inning for Bakersfield and has now set down ten in a row. Crabbe gives up five in the first. The Blaze rally for three in the third and two in the fourth. Steve Selsky is 2 for 3 with a double and a homer. He also has thrown a runner out at third. Theo Bowe may be fast but he gets caught stealing a whole bunch. 21st time today. Juan Duran has a couple of base knocks. Halfway home and the game is all knotted up at five apiece.

This is game number 99 for Selsky between Dayton and Bakersfield and he now has a combined 26 doubles, 4 triples and 15 roundtrippers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday 8/02/2012 Minor League Updates

Tim Crabbe pitches a perfect 5th. 13 in a row set down. His day may be over per the Blaze radio guy.

Somehow Duran tweeked a knee on the basepaths and was replaced by Muller.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

This is game number 99 for Selsky between Dayton and Bakersfield and he now has a combined 26 doubles, 4 triples and 15 roundtrippers.
    Really have to wonder about that Bakersfield place.... Selsky in Dayton, in more playing time, had 3 home runs and 11 doubles. In less time in Bakersfield he has 14 doubles and 11 home runs.

My general rule of thumb, at least as far as hitting stats go (which means changes in K and BB rates should be looked at some), is that if someone hits there, pay little attention to it. When a guy doesn't hit there and is of proper age, worry.

With Sharky Rogers' promotion to Pensacola, are the Bakersfield Blaze now the least interesting minor league affiliate the Reds have had in the last decade?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    With Sharky Rogers' promotion to Pensacola, are the Bakersfield Blaze now the least interesting minor league affiliate the Reds have had in the last decade?
    And they started out the year as very interesting.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Doubtful.

But here is what is funny, as of right now, they are the only team looking like they are heading to the playoffs from the full season guys. Billings is on a pretty good run, so they might join them. Pensacola has a chance.

At Dayton. Will give a Masset report shortly.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Masset first inning. 91 and 92 MPH on fastball. Hit 93. Change 79 to 81 MPH. Lots of foul balls on the first batter. 12 pitches at least. GO4 on a change. 2nd out GO5 on one pitch. Third batter rockets a single by Buckley and steals 2b. 4th batter FO7.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Mongo Mungarian takes over for Masset.

Bakersfield wins a wild one. Down 7-5 after seven they score two each in the 8th and 9th and then hang on for a 9-8 win. Theo Bowe with three hits and two steals. Selsky and Lohman also with three hits. Juan Duran and Travis Mattair collected a pair of safeties.
    Pat Doyle gives up 2 runs in an inning and two-thirds. Chris Joyce pitched a third and gave up a hit and two walks. Andrew Brackman pitched two innings of one-run baseball for the win.

Louisville has one hit after three - a single by Didi who was promptly erased on a double play. Todd Redmond is on the mound He has given up 2 unearned runs - he made the error - as the Bats trail 2 zip after 3.

Dayton leads the biggest operation in history (Lansing, Michigan) by a score of one to nothing after two. Juan Perez singled, advanced on a passed ball and came around on a single off the bat of Spencer Dickinson.

Slidin' Billy walks to leadoff the first. He then steals second and third. Fellhauer doubles him home and eventually scores on an error. Wirfin Obispo doubles and pitches a perfect first two innings, striking out four. Pensacola leads 2-0 after two.

Dayton up two nothing on a Juan Perez sac fly. 4 hits for Dayton. Lansing sits at two hits. Mungarian 4 innings of 1 hit ball.

Turn Off Ads?