Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G'day all from Australia

Re: G'day all from Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    Any where away from the train station and shopping centre is decent.
    Just a friendly nudge! Welcome. I play baseball for Springvale and formerly for Cheltenham and I can't Believe Mr. Travis Blackley is doing so well for the A's

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers View Post
    Just a friendly nudge! Welcome. I play baseball for Springvale and formerly for Cheltenham and I can't Believe Mr. Travis Blackley is doing so well for the A's
    Yeah good on him too, full credit to him for his persistence. Never played baseball myself always been AFL in winter and Cricket during the summer.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Welcome Mate! I lived in Mont Albert as a kid. Aching to go back and see what it all looks like now.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Welcome Aussie! How'd you pick the Reds? Just wondering.

Glad to have you!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I was bored one morning and started watching a match the reds were playing (i think we may have actually lost) and they sought of got my interest as i love my sport but never really followed baseball. Never really understood all the intercate details of the rosters and minor leagues (still battling a bit with it all really) also the fact there is matches everyday and pitcher rotations. So the next day i found myself reading up about the reds and following all there matches and i got hooked.

Sort of glad it was the Reds on TV that day, don't think i could ever support a team like the yankees.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Just don't write that you "barrack" for the REDS, the americans might get confused.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

G'day yourself my friend. Glad to have ya!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Hey all,

Well i've finally made the decsion to head over and watch my first Reds game going to do the 10 game home stretch at the start of September. Never even been to America let alone Cincy anyone got any suggestions on things i should see or do whilst there....apart from have a few ales and watch some baseball!!

Also does any one have any suggestions on cheap accomidation as will be on a pretty tightish budget and if the club do tours of the ground at all as i can't seem to find an email address for any one at the reds.

Go Reds!

10. Likes:

remdog (07-30-2013)

I was bored one morning and started watching a match the reds were playing (i think we may have actually lost) and they sought of got my interest as i love my sport but never really followed baseball. Never really understood all the intercate details of the rosters and minor leagues (still battling a bit with it all really) also the fact there is matches everyday and pitcher rotations. So the next day i found myself reading up about the reds and following all there matches and i got hooked.

Sort of glad it was the Reds on TV that day, don't think i could ever support a team like the yankees.
    This forum is a prime spot to learn about the game. I'm a Cardinals fan yet this is my favorite baseball forum by a mile. You will find some of the best discussions about game strategy, sabermetrics (advanced numbers), etc anywhere on the internet at this site. Welcome aboard!

Hey all,

Well i've finally made the decsion to head over and watch my first Reds game going to do the 10 game home stretch at the start of September. Never even been to America let alone Cincy anyone got any suggestions on things i should see or do whilst there....apart from have a few ales and watch some baseball!!
    Awesome.

Somebody needs to get in touch with the Reds front office and see to it that this guy has a great time.

Cheers lads, super excited booking flights in a few days but will be living like a hermet for the next few months so i can actually pay for the trip so hope the boys keep winning in the mean time.

Cheers lads, super excited booking flights in a few days but will be living like a hermet for the next few months so i can actually pay for the trip so hope the boys keep winning in the mean time.
    Hey there AussieRed,

Big fan of your country (and that other smaller one just to the east ). Especially enjoyed Sydney, Tasmania and the upper reaches of the barrier reef. Gorgeous and dynamic all parts. And, everyone so nice and hospitable!

On your question about visiting GABP, I imagine there's a decent chance someone here on RZ will have already reached out to you and maybe connected you to the Reds' front office for some special treatment; hope so!

If that hasn't happened, I'd just want to recommend you absolutely sign up for one of the regular tours at the Reds Hall of Fame, just next to the ballpark. I'm based in DC and a lifelong Reds fan. Only made my first trip to GABP a couple of years ago when the team wasn't at home. We spent many hours in the Museum and Hall of Fame. Loved it! I think it rivals the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY though I am a bit biased. During the tour (which didn't cost much), a wonderful guide took us into the press box, through the visitor's locker room, and onto the field and the Reds dugout. Great time. You don't have to book it in advance. They do them regularly during the off season and when the team is on the road.

Lots of other reccs for how to maximize your time in CIN but I'll leave that to others who'll know more than I do. We often stay at the Westin across from Fountain Square when in town. Easy walk to the stadium from there. We go now at least twice each year. Maybe our paths will cross in Sept.

You'll have a great time!
    Last edited by 1940757690; 05-03-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Awesome thanks so much didn't know the hall of fame museum existed, so will definetly check that out. Only in Cincy whilst there is game days so probably unable to do a tour but will be still hoping to send an email to the club to see what they can do. Thanks but the Westin looks a little out of my price range so will probably be staying at the Ramada doesn't look the best but all i need is a bed and a shower and i'm set.....us aussies don't care much for luxury lol. Glad you enjoyed Aus, i've from Melbourne so naturally dislike Sydney (but secretly i love it). Only recently went to NZ for the first time and enjoyed it such an amazing place.

Oh and if any one hears a bloke with a thick Aussie accent mid 20's with a beard, big chance it's me so say hi!

make sure to have some skyline chili (a coney), either at the ballpark or outside of it. it's a cincinnati staple.

walk the roebling bridge near the ballpark. it's awesome and it separates kentucky from cincinnati.

Turn Off Ads?