Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presure and this weekend series

Presure and this weekend series

Just wondering..if you had to pick, which team has it been tougher on mentally since the ASB?

The Reds who have played all but 3 games without Votto, put up a 10 game winning streak and something like 13 our of 16 but have not been able to add any signficant games to their lead in the division...

or

The Pirates who are for the most part healthy and have played pretty good baseball also since the ASB and in fact have lost about a game or so in teh standing?

Who NEEDS this weekend series more?

Anything outside of a sweep for either team and no real ground will be made up or lost...

Also..can anyone remember the last time an August matchup between the Pirates and Reds actually ment something?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Presure and this weekend series

We have gained four games on them since the All Star Break.

That is Four games in three weeks, not to bad.

I think the Buccos need this series more then we do.. Now saying that do i want to lose Hell no..

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    We have gained four games on them since the All Star Break.

That is Four games in three weeks, not to bad.
    But during that time we put together a great win streak and such. If someone had told you coming out of the ASB the Reds would win 10 in a row and go 17-3, wouldn't you think our lead would be a bit bigger?

Also, as of right now where is the love for hte Pirates and Reds? I mean on ESPN last night it was 40 minutes into their BTN show before any Reds highlights, and very little pub for this upcoming weekend series. I know we are the midwest and most thought the NL Central at the start of the season was weak and we do have both the Cubs and Stros in our division...but the central does have the reigning WS champs and two very good teams this year.

I am *!$@ing ready to beat the god @!*$ @$*#ing !@#& out of the #%*!ing $&!@#y son of a $*@&% Pirates and hope we @&!% them in the @$$.

That being said, I wish both teams good luck this weekend and for the remainder of the season.

Pirates definitely need it 5x more.

More than likely it will be a 1 game swing either way. I don't forsee either team sweeping this series. It's a big series but let's not forget that it was about this very week in 2010 when the Cards swept us and we went on a rampage to win the division. It's too early to get carried away about 1 series. That being said a sweep would be nice

it seems the pirates have beaten us a lot since last year so id say the reds need it. were at home and we should expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    If someone had told you coming out of the ASB the Reds would win 10 in a row and go 17-3, wouldn't you think our lead would be a bit bigger?
    999 out of a 1000 times yes our lead would be bigger than three and a half games.

This is not a bad thing, its making this season (for us and all of baseball) one for the ages and we are watching it unfold in real time. And for a nice change, we aren't watching it from the basement of the NL Central.

Its only early August but this is one of the most magical Reds seasons I've ever witnessed. (sans 1990, 1999, and I wasn't alive during BRM era) I'd list the reasons and examples but there are far too many and most are obvious. This topic is also more appropriate at the beginning of the offseason.

Go Reds!
    Last edited by MrRedLegger; 08-03-2012 at 11:46 AM.

I will feel much better and more at ease if when can win this first game. I don't want my doom and gloom to come out again just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    I am *!$@ing ready to beat the god @!*$ @$*#ing !@#& out of the #%*!ing $&!@#y son of a $*@&% Pirates and hope we @&!% them in the @$$.

That being said, I wish both teams good luck this weekend and for the remainder of the season.
    As there AAA team is in Indy, I have a small "love" for the Pirates since we get to see some of their good young talent here in Indy, which by the way is having a great year and the best team in the IL with 66+ wins so far..

It's three games at the beginning of August. That's it.

I distinctly remember the sky fall mentality of Reds fans after the Cardinals sweep in August 2010. As we saw, there is too much baseball to be played to get too involved in what happens this weekend.

Having said that, beating Pittsburgh's a$$ is just fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    It's three games at the beginning of August. That's it.

I distinctly remember the sky fall mentality of Reds fans after the Cardinals sweep in August 2010. As we saw, there is too much baseball to be played to get too involved in what happens this weekend.

Having said that, beating Pittsburgh's a$$ is just fine by me.
    I think for the Reds a sweep wouldn't be devistating as we have gone through that before, but not the same with the Pirates, if they leave Sunday evening 6.5 back, then you have to wonder how that impacts them, especially if that happens after they switched AJ to pitch sunday over his original start of Monday.

2 out of 3 only gains one game for whatever team, and if we get swept we'll still be in 1st place. I don't think there's a lot of pressure here.

All games are important. If we get to the end of the season needing to sweep the Pirates we could be looking back at this series a bit differently.

Turn Off Ads?