Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bronson on Jim Rome show

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Should be on about 2:20 this afternoon.
    Rome still has a show?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Arroyo went to Buffett show.

He won't say the Reds are the best team in baseball, referenced the 2010 playoff sweep.

He wonders if the Reds have the hitters to go after other team's #1 and #2 pitchers.

He thinks Bruce, Heisey, Stubbs need to show they can be comfortable against better pitching.

Cueto and Homer are the best two right now.

He, Latos and Leake are doing pretty well.

Pitching into the 8th now more often than he's ever seen.

Young guys in postseason - cut down on errors. It's impossible to know how young players will react. This time the guys will be better for it.

Mesoraco arguing with umpire, double edge sword, umps are like cops, don't show them up.

He misses playing in front of 40k fans every night that would kill for a win. But that only happens in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    He misses playing in front of 40k fans every night that would kill for a win. But that only happens in Boston.
    When I find myself in times of trouble
    Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I do not in any way want this to turn into a Bronson bashing thread but I really get tired of his "honesty" at times.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I do not in any way want this to turn into a Bronson bashing thread but I really get tired of his "honesty" at times.
    KittyDuran thinks that Bronson can't win because if he was all sunshine, goldilocks and praise, RZ would do a collective . KittyDuran wishes Bronson would not give any interviews.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I wonder if this is still the case in Boston. It isn't 2004 Boston anymore. Would the Pink Hats kill for a win?

I find his honesty refreshing. Honestly.

I didn't hear the interview, so only going off what mdccclxix said above:

The PC thing to do, the statement that you'd hear more often is that you believe your team is ready to go against other teams aces, not question if its possible.

The PC thing to do would be to praise the entire pitching staff, not specifically say Cueto & Homer are doing the best, and Latos, himself and Leake are doing well.

The PC thing to do would be to say you're not worried about postseason experience, not admitting that you really don't know until you get there.

The PC thing to do would be to mention how great the fans are, not pine for 40k a night hanging on every pitch.

Most sports interviews are so cliche any more, so predictable, I find refreshment in Arroyo's honesty, even if I don't agree with what he always says.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I find his honesty refreshing. Honestly.

I didn't hear the interview, so only going off what mdccclxix said above:

The PC thing to do, the statement that you'd hear more often is that you believe your team is ready to go against other teams aces, not question if its possible.

The PC thing to do would be to praise the entire pitching staff, not specifically say Cueto & Homer are doing the best, and Latos, himself and Leake are doing well.

The PC thing to do would be to say you're not worried about postseason experience, not admitting that you really don't know until you get there.

The PC thing to do would be to mention how great the fans are, not pine for 40k a night hanging on every pitch.

Most sports interviews are so cliche any more, so predictable, I find refreshment in Arroyo's honesty, even if I don't agree with what he always says.
    Oh, I love his honesty too. He's one of the few athletes whose opinions on the sport I actually value. I believe it will serve him well, too; he could have a career as a coach or a talking head after he retires.

It's only the Boston thing that is just eye-rolling-inducing at this point. It's not even because he doesn't have a point -- it *is* exciting for someone to pitch in Fenway, I'm sure. And I think interviewers goad him on it as well.

But Arroyo last played for the Red Sox in 2005. That was SEVEN YEARS AGO. This is the point where you start boxing your friend around the ears and saying SHE'S GONE. SHE ISN'T COMING BACK. IT'S NOT DOING ANY FAVORS FOR YOU TO THINK ABOUT IT. MOVE ON.

If Arroyo were HOF-caliber, he'd be going in as a Red at this point. This is where his career has been for a long time. Outside of Boston and New York, I'd bet the majority of baseball fans identify him way more with the Reds and barely even remember him with Boston by now. He's not the same pitcher he was in 2005. And the Reds and the Red Sox are not the same teams they were in 2005 either.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    KittyDuran thinks that Bronson can't win because if he was all sunshine, goldilocks and praise, RZ would do a collective . KittyDuran wishes Bronson would not give any interviews.
    Except to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

He's honest to a fault. Sometimes it just doesn't do you any good to say exactly how you feel. I know this is how he is so it doesn't matter to me. But he could ruffle some feathers in that clubhouse by talking to the media and saying the things he says.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Except to you.
    KittyDuran would call it pillow talk!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?