Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 8/3/12 - Reds vs. Pirates

For a Level Playing Field

Re: 8/3/12 - Reds vs. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    No, it didn't hit him in the head. But it was UP, I don't think that can be questioned. You really think that pitch is ok if it was a purpose pitch?
    OK. I am OK with it. Especially since he is not injured. Purpose pitches have been in MLB long before any of us were born. I have not seen it, but look forward to seeing it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    No, it didn't hit him in the head. But it was UP, I don't think that can be questioned. You really think that pitch is ok if it was a purpose pitch?
    Even if it was a purpose pitch, I have no problem with it whatsoever. This whole culture that has evolved where hitting someone is apparently taboo and sparks some sort of righteous indignation is getting tiresome. You get hit, you walk to first and move on.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

If I were a betting man, I'd bank on Hanrahan nailing a Reds batter the first chance he gets if he comes into a game for the Bucs. I remember 2010 when Mike Leake hit McCutchen, completely accidental and completely harmless (I believe it was a changeup) and the very next inning Hanrahan nailed a Reds batter.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Kristy Robinson ‏@Kristy_Robinson
    Wow. Cutch going off in the dugout. I've never seen him that angry. Watch out tomorrow Reds. Cutch is going to to have a big day.
    Someone should ask Kristy: if baseball players could have a big day on command, why didn't he do it tonight?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I think one just got away from him. Don't think it was intentional by any means.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    At the head? Really? Not able to see it b/c at the beach, but at the head?!? I know it did not hit him in the head.
    It hit him on the front shoulder, down on the meaty part of the arm. The only way it would have hit his head is if he'd ducked. I'm sure it's gonna hurt to lift that arm tomorrow. I'm not convinced 'Cutch' is gonna have a big day tomorrow. That's baseball.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    OK. I am OK with it. Especially since he is not injured. Purpose pitches have been in MLB long before any of us were born. I have not seen it, but look forward to seeing it.
    Definitely spices things up .

Marty about to go bald.

Well he should be mad - he did squat at the plate, failed to cover on a routine backup in the putfield, followed that by missing the first cutoff man, got cut down trying to steal and overall had a lousy game and ended it by getting hit in shoulder with a 100mph fastball. Altogether not a memorable day for "dread-Mac"

I want to see video of McCutchen in the dugout afterwards ... Heard he went off.

Wait, the dude with tats and all has been Marty's barber for 23 years?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Mrs Brenneman looks terrified.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Honestly, I think Marty looks better with it shaved.

Um, how long does this guy need.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Mrs Brenneman looks terrified.
    They've been married what, a month and a half? No joke, Marty and his new bride were immediately in front of me in line at the Hamilton County courthouse to get their marriage certificate this past June.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?