Snider 9
    McCutchen 8
    Jones 3
    Walker 4
    Alvarez 5
    Barajas 2
    Barmes 6
    Rodriguez 1
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 08-03-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Re: 8/3/12 - Reds vs. Pirates

#Reds lineup

Cozart ss
    Stubbs cf
    Ludwick lf
    Rolen 3b
    Frazier 1b
    Heisey rf
    Cairo 2b
    Hanigan c
    Latos p

Bruce not playing because Wandy is pitching is unbelievably maddening. Whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Bruce not playing because Wandy is pitching is unbelievably maddening. Whatever.
    Bruce IS horrific against Wandy though. And we pounded him in his last start against us with Bruce sitting.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Really? Bruce is 2 for 29 life time against Wandy. Thats less than .100. (.069 to be exact) And it is maddening that Dusty would sit Bruce because of that?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Really? Bruce is 2 for 29 life time against Wandy. Thats less than .100. (.069 to be exact) And it is maddening that Dusty would sit Bruce because of that?
    Bruce isn't hitting that well over the past few months.

He isn't hitting LHPs that well this year.

He has never hit Wandy.

It would be maddening if he was in the lineup, to be honest.

2-29 lifetime with 15 K's, no walks and no extra base hits seems like a pretty good reason.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Our worse OF playingtonight has a .827 OPS against Wandy and is currenly our hottest hitter.

You'd rather sit one of those in favour of one who has 2 singles, zero walks and 15 K's in 29 AB's? That's a .138 OPS.

BTW, last game against Wandy Bruce sat and got a more favorable match up later on and knocked in a run.

No Votto. No Bruce. No Phillips. There's no reason for the Pirates to lose to us tonight.

...but these are usually the games we win.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Rolen, Frazier and Ludwick is enough. Those three will combine for 7 hits and 5 RBI. We win 6-4.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

We had pretty good luck against Wandy last time.
    I think Heisey hit him well last time (But maybe I'm thinking of another Heisey start.. )
    If Latos gives us a good game, I like our chances.

Bummer that Phillips isn't ready, although with a 3.5 game lead, I don't want them to rush him (or Votto back).

Of course I want to win as many games as possible, but even if we only win 1 of 3, we are not in too bad of shape. (Not predicting that, but there's more pressure on the Pirates than us).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I think Heisey hit him well last time (But maybe I'm thinking of another Heisey start.. )

Bummer that Phillips isn't ready, although with a 3.5 game lead, I don't want them to rush him (or Votto back).

Of course I want to win as many games as possible, but even if we only win 1 of 3, we are not in too bad of shape. (Not predicting that, but there's more pressure on the Pirates than us).
    If you are correct and the Reds only take one of three from the Pirates, they leave town still trailing by 2.5 games. If the Reds can squeeze two of three, the Pirates will leave town 4.5 back.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    If you are correct and the Reds only take one of three from the Pirates, they leave town still trailing by 2.5 games. If the Reds can squeeze two of three, the Pirates will leave town 4.5 back.
    Sure I would prefer to take 2 of 3.. but 1 of 3 isn't going to kill us.

The Reds are in a nice position.. The Pirates are coming in with a lot of pressure to take at least 2 in order to gain some ground.

Anyhow, I hope we play the Pirates a lot better than we did earlier this year.
    MAybe I'm a bit nervous .. that's why I'm saying 1/3 would be ok
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

Chris went 2 for 4 when we played them on 7/23, scoring a run and knocking one in. We won 8-3. That was also a Latos start.

BTW, Jay PH in the 7th of that game and went 1 for 2, with a 2 out RBI single.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Keep McCutchen quiet, get a quality start out of Latos, and the good guys should be able to pull it out.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?