Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/3/12 - Reds vs. Pirates

Re: 8/3/12 - Reds vs. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Really? Bruce is 2 for 29 life time against Wandy. Thats less than .100. (.069 to be exact) And it is maddening that Dusty would sit Bruce because of that?
    Bruce isn't hitting that well over the past few months.

He isn't hitting LHPs that well this year.

He has never hit Wandy.

It would be maddening if he was in the lineup, to be honest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pirates have slight edge on Reds this year at 5-4. Why does it seem like it was way worse than that? Probably because the Pirates have won 10 of their last 12 at GABP, I suppose.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

A sweep would be better!
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Bruce not playing because Wandy is pitching is unbelievably maddening. Whatever.
    2-29 lifetime with 15 K's, no walks and no extra base hits seems like a pretty good reason.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Bruce not playing because Wandy is pitching is unbelievably maddening. Whatever.
    Our worse OF playingtonight has a .827 OPS against Wandy and is currenly our hottest hitter.

You'd rather sit one of those in favour of one who has 2 singles, zero walks and 15 K's in 29 AB's? That's a .138 OPS.

BTW, last game against Wandy Bruce sat and got a more favorable match up later on and knocked in a run.

Good time for the Reds to face two LHP in a series, not that Votto doesn't crush AHP (All Handed Pitching).

I don't mind Bruce sitting vs Wandy, although I hope he does get another shot some day, why the heck not?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    We had pretty good luck against Wandy last time.
    I think Heisey hit him well last time (But maybe I'm thinking of another Heisey start.. )
    If Latos gives us a good game, I like our chances.

Bummer that Phillips isn't ready, although with a 3.5 game lead, I don't want them to rush him (or Votto back).

Of course I want to win as many games as possible, but even if we only win 1 of 3, we are not in too bad of shape. (Not predicting that, but there's more pressure on the Pirates than us).
    Chris went 2 for 4 when we played them on 7/23, scoring a run and knocking one in. We won 8-3. That was also a Latos start.

BTW, Jay PH in the 7th of that game and went 1 for 2, with a 2 out RBI single.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Decision to sit Bruce tonight tells the team that this game is not life or death, he usually sits against Wandy these days, tonight will be handled in the usual way.

I know the Reds have beaten up on some below .500 ballclubs lately, but I'm very confident in this team. Without predicting wins or losses, they are going to have a good series and play well.

Should be fun to watch.

Senor Votto

I'm very excited for this game. Haven't been this excited for a game since opening day really. Let's crush 'em!

So I'm pretty excited about tonight's game, I turn to my four year old little girl and tell her the Reds have a big game tonight against Pittsburgh, they need to beat the Pirates. She looks at me all confused and asks,"Why is there going to be pirates at the game?" She cracks me up, nothing in the world like watching a game with kids!
    "You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver

LOL...little ones make the world go round

Senor Votto

Marte grounds out to Rolen for the first out.

Marte grounds out to third. Scotty R showing mad hops.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

KittyDuran sees storm clouds coming across the Ohio river... Attachment 6182
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 04-07-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Whew... if that ball gets over Scotty's head we're looking at a leadoff double and a bad start to the game.

Turn Off Ads?