Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Friday 8/3

Re: Reds vs. Pirates Friday 8/3

I find the baseless speculation that Chapman hit him on purpose in that situation to be pretty foolish. Rule #1(in life, baseball, and litigation): let sleeping dogs lie.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow. I thought it was a good game. Latos was awesome. Congrats on a good win.

Somebody was asking about video of Cutch in the dugout after the game...it's on the Root Sports Pittsburgh feed. He was livid. I've never seen him mad, let alone like that. Whether or not it was intentional, I don't know. But, Cutch obviously thought it was.

If the situation were reversed, and Hanrahan had hit Votto, I think Reds fans, and Votto, would understandably be a little upset.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    You think Chapman was worried about giving up three runs with two outs and nobody on? The guy hasn't allowed one run in over a month. He knew he was in complete control.
    Yeah, I do. The Pirates have already beaten him once this year. Absolutely crushed him. In that cracker jack box of a park, there's NO WAY you're intentionally putting runners on base in the 9th inning of a division race game. No way.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    I have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow. I thought it was a good game. Latos was awesome. Congrats on a good win.

Somebody was asking about video of Cutch in the dugout after the game...it's on the Root Sports Pittsburgh feed. He was livid. I've never seen him mad, let alone like that. Whether or not it was intentional, I don't know. But, Cutch obviously thought it was.

If the situation were reversed, and Hanrahan had hit Votto, I think Reds fans, and Votto, would understandably be a little upset.
    I'd say he's mad because it hurt like hell and they lost a tough game. I'd be pissed, too. Doesn't mean the guy meant to do it.

Getting a free base vs. Aroldis Chapman is a gift... provided you don't get injurred.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Yeah, I do. The Pirates have already beaten him once this year. Absolutely crushed him.
    Even more reason to drill their best player with a comfortable lead.

Agreed. Every single person in this thread would believe it was a purpose pitch (which it was, IMO).

Maybe so.

I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    In that cracker jack box of a park, there's NO WAY you're intentionally putting runners on base in the 9th inning of a division race game. No way.
    It would seem to defy rational common sense wouldn't it? Put a guy on intentionally, another guy gets on, and then somebody ties the game on a windblown GABP special. I don't think so.

3 runs in this ballpark is not a comfortable lead. Simply irrational.

Schnickelfritz

The last thing I want is for an incident like that to get blown out of proportion and light a fire under the Pirates. I don't have cable so I didn't see the pitch but I'm naive enough to hope that it was simply a fastball getting away from Chapman or, at worst, an attempt at moving Macutcheon off the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    It would seem to defy rational common sense wouldn't it? Put a guy on intentionally, another guy gets on, and then somebody ties the game on a windblown GABP special. I don't think so.
    The guy did a front somersault after a save. He wasn't thinking that far ahead. Maybe Dusty was. Maybe Hanigan. But not him. I guarantee you the notion that the Pirates were going to score three runs off him with two outs never entered his mind.

The guy did a front somersault after a save. He wasn't thinking that far ahead. Maybe Dusty was. Maybe Hanigan. But not him. I guarantee you the notion that the Pirates were going to score three runs off him with two outs never entered his mind.
    You simply have no factual basis for that opinion. ITs an opinion not supported by fact or logic. The basis of your opinion is that Chapman is irrational and that's not a logical argument.

Watching the Cardinals broadcast. They act like they are still in it! It is laughable.
    Hello, this isn't last year boys!
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    3 runs in this ballpark is not a comfortable lead. Simply irrational.
    With a guy who hasn't allowed a run since June 24 (and hasn't allowed more than 2 runs in an outing all season) on the mound, three runs is very comfortable. Especially with the Pirates down to their final out.

Well, FWIW, from my perspective, of I'm Clint Hurdle, I tell my guys to just let it be. Obviously, you want to protect your best player, but if JMac throws at Bruce tomorrow for instance, he almost certainly gets tossed out of the game, and then the bullpen has to cover eight innings, plus he'll get suspended for five.

I enjoyed this game, obviously I wanted a slightly different result, but I'm looking forward to two more.

Turn Off Ads?