Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates fans are livid

Pirates fans are livid

They're convinced that Chapmen hit McCutchen intentionally and they believe there should (will?) be retribution tomorrow.

Biggest game of the year and the Reds would intentionally want to put runners on in the 9th inning? Riiiight.

Seems reality has escaped Pittsburgh for far too long.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pirates fans are livid

Well, they've been waiting for a long time to have stuff like this happen in games that actually matter. So I'll let them have their fun.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm glad he hit McCutcheon. Not because I want him hurt, but because it strikes fear in the other Pirate hitters having to think they could get plunked by a 100 mph fastball. An occasional wild pitch without runners on base can do wonders in terms of fear.

Pirates are babies, just like the Cardinals.

Sounds like Pittsburgh fans are weird wusses.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    They're convinced that Chapmen hit McCutchen intentionally and they believe there should (will?) be retribution tomorrow.

Biggest game of the year and the Reds would intentionally want to put runners on in the 9th inning? Riiiight.

Where are you getting this info?

I've no doubt it was a purpose pitch. I am sure Chapman was trying to push him off the plate. But I don't believe for a second it was meant to hit him.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Where are you getting this info?
    They're going off about it on both the MLB board and the Pittsburgh Sports forums.

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

I think if the Pirates hit Votto in the 9th inning with 2 outs and a three run lead that there would be many posters on Redszone saying the pitch was intentional. I can't really blame Pirates fans for being mad.

Champan seems pretty nasty.I don't think he cares one bit what any of those guys think about him(player or fans)and if he didn't do it on purpose tonight he might do it tomorrow just for being accused.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I think if the Pirates hit Votto in the 9th inning with 2 outs and a three run lead that there would be many posters on Redszone saying the pitch was intentional. I can't really blame Pirates fans for being mad.
    You can't blame fans for assuming, without a shred of evidence, that someone was intentionally throwing a 102 MPH baseball at someone on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'm glad he hit McCutcheon. Not because I want him hurt, but because it strikes fear in the other Pirate hitters having to think they could get plunked by a 100 mph fastball. An occasional wild pitch without runners on base can do wonders in terms of fear.

Pirates are babies, just like the Cardinals.
    McCutcheon looked absolutely furious. He looked like he thought Chapman did it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I doubt we would be up in arms. In fact, I don't really recall any of these types of incidents with the Reds outside of the Cardinals brawl. I can't recall any recent Reds charging the mound or staring down a pitcher after a HBP.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I guess its a rivalry, then, again.

Cool. I have hated the Pirates for my entire life. Hated them in the 70s with a passion. Hated them through the 80s and into the early 90s. I find it easy to access the old hate. Feels good.

If I'm one of those Pirate players I' privatly hoping its forgotten,I mean do you want your pitcher retaliating knowing Chapman may come in and answer that.Don't think so.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Maybe "Cutch" should worry about backing up the LFer rather than complaining about getting hit.

Turn Off Ads?