Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates fans are livid

Re: Pirates fans are livid

Between Kimo and Hines Ward Pittsburgh has had more than its fair share of chreap shots. Perhaps McCutcheon will stop diving at the plate.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I christen thee "Cutchy-Poo"

How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Forgive the Pirates and their fans. They just know how to act in a pennant race this late in the season. It's been 20 years since they have sniffed a winning record much less a playoff spot.

That was maybe a knockdown pitch but not an intentional HBP. Its just effective wildness by Chapman.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This player has singlehandedly carried this team. I asked the question why teams were pitching to him long ago on these boards, but I believe a pitch got away from Chapman. McCutcheon's reaction was immature and childish. Regardless, their fans will play it up for all it's worth,.. Such is sports fandom.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The guy is having an incredible career season, and should have a nice career, but...

Who is Andrew McCutchen? Is he too good to see a pitch not where he desires it to be? LaRussa attitude with no leg to stand on.

The guy is having an incredible career season, and should have a nice career, but...

Who is Andrew McCutchen? Is he too good to see a pitch not where he desires it to be? LaRussa attitude with no leg to stand on.

Didn't McCutchon take Chapman deep last time they met?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Biggest game of the year and the Reds would intentionally want to put runners on in the 9th inning? Riiiight.
    Why not hit him? Give him something to think about tomorrow.

"I hated to bat against (Don) Drysdale. After he hit you he'd come around, look at the bruise on your arm and say, 'Do you want me to sign it?'" - Mickey Mantle
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I think if the Pirates hit Votto in the 9th inning with 2 outs and a three run lead that there would be many posters on Redszone saying the pitch was intentional. I can't really blame Pirates fans for being mad.
    I agree.. Many Redszone fans would be in a tizzy for sure.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

As much as some of us may say "time to brush him back" or even "_____ needs to be plunked" it rarely happens.

However, there may not have been a better time all season long to throw a purpose pitch than that AB.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2 View Post
    Why not hit him? Give him something to think about tomorrow.

"I hated to bat against (Don) Drysdale. After he hit you he'd come around, look at the bruise on your arm and say, 'Do you want me to sign it?'" - Mickey Mantle
    Just wanted to say how much I LOVE that Mantle quote. Pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    McNugget has never taken Chapman deep.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nope. McCutchen has a single and a strikeout in 2 career PA's against Chapman.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

McCutcheon and the Pissburgh fans planned on them coming in here this weekend and making a major statement. Losing the first game of the series kind of limits them to making a minor comment or two. Got to vent their collective spleens somewhere.

Turn Off Ads?