Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates fans are livid

Re: Pirates fans are livid

The fans are taking their cue from Cushion,he obviously acted if he thought it was intentional,whether he did or not.
    May the Lord bless

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    Yeah, but these Pirates fans are reminding me of Steelers fans. Not good.
    I went to one of the weekend games in Pittsburgh in June. We lost that one 4-1. Family and I were walking back to downtown across the Clemente Bridge and a guy was standing on the steel beam of the bridge playing sax, trying to make a buck. He sees us coming, wearing Reds gear, and he stops his song and starts jawing at us about the Reds losing. I look up and just say, "Still in first place."

His response: "How many Superbowls you won?"
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    For those of you who haven't seen it ... here is McCutchen in the dugout after the game ...

http://youtu.be/DSS20zemaPE

(The language is a little blue at the end, not McCutchen, but whoever taped it)
    The key words in the commentary are "Watch tomorrow night". Media will do anything to get people to watch

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    They make it easy when their message board has multiple threads on how best to retaliate. I'm especially tickled by those calling for pitches to the head. The city might be great, but that doesn't mean their sports fans have an ounce of class. I do agree that the variations of Pittsburgh reek of juvenile behavior.
    That's any fanbase though. If Votto was hit like this, I guarantee this board would've been up in arms.

I enjoy it. This rivalry matters again. It's pretty cool .

I don't think McCutchen cares if Chapman hit him intentionally or not. He is a leader of that team, and he is trying to fire them up before they are down 2-0, or even get swept. They had won 8 out of the previous 10 games here and I am pretty sure they felt high and mighty coming into this series. Maybe it is reckless to use something like that as motivation. It probably is if it evolves into a beanball war and fist fights moving forward. So, I am certainly not defending it. But, I can see where he is coming from.

I'm not big on purposeful plunkings, but now I think the Reds should issue a preemptive strike in the first inning tonight to beat Pittsburgh to the punch and draw a warning to both benches so they can't retaliate without being ejected.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    That's any fanbase though. If Votto was hit like this, I guarantee this board would've been up in arms.

I enjoy it. This rivalry matters again. It's pretty cool .
    Agreed. He hit him in the back of the shoulder, they were shut-out, I suspect they'll be tough to beat tonight. Hurt pride and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm not big on purposeful plunkings, but now I think the Reds should issue a preemptive strike in the first inning tonight to beat Pittsburgh to the punch and draw a warning to both benches so they can't retaliate without being ejected.
    Who should the victim be???

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Where's Yadi Molina when you need him?!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Cutch!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Cutch!
    Oh my. That would start the mother of all wars. If he noticed a Leake fastball hitting him anyways .

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Dusty probably calls him Cutchy. At least they don't call him McClutchin' ...

Anyway, he's their Votto. How would we react?
    Votto got plunked in a similar situation earlier in the year, I believe the Reds were down, it was slightly fishy, Votto glared, a few folks expressed indignation, and then the game went on.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Oh my. That would start the mother of all wars. If he noticed a Leake fastball hitting him anyways .
    Is that like a bee stinging after a shark bite?

Broxton should be in the dugout until the 6th inning

I'm convinced that it was not intentional:

A. Because Chapman has thrown other 100 MPH pitches in the dirt or over the catcher's head.

B. Because if the next batter gets on base, it would bring the tying run to the plate.

Turn Off Ads?