Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates fans are livid

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Pirates fans are livid

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    They just said on the telecast that Phillips has since said "it's not over" since he gave that quote. I am confused.
    http://www.ketv.com/news/sports/Repo...n/-/index.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is Thom B. trying to start it back up? Just now on tv he said that he "heard" BP had an interview and said the issue between he and Hughes was not over. Chris Welsh then read the real interview mentioned here previously and said that as he understood it, the issue was over. Thom then backtracked a little but then pressed the issue saying that he heard that BP did another interview after that interview saying there were still issues. Anyone have any real information confirming this?
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Didn't see your post. I am with you on this one.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I thought he should have laid off the twitter and dealt it with in private. He did not use the n word....which would have been no question as to what Hughes meant, as opposed to saying boy.

Agree.

I guess I'm also wondering why BP didn't go after him right there (if he was assuming the tone in "boy" was racist). He waited until Hughes was in the dugout and started yelling to AM, then went to twitter to air implied racism to the public.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

They just said on the telecast that Phillips has since said "it's not over" since he gave that quote. I am confused.
    And I'm even more confused since I saw some national beat idiots...er, writers, tweeting today that Hughes still has issues over this thing (I was at work and didn't get to read them though). That was way earlier this afternoon too so if Brandon is saying something like that now, maybe he read those articles? I saw at least three different writers tweet an article about this incident which was really odd since I thought this whole thing was over. It was certainly over yesterday according to everyone involved.

What interview did Brandon do where he brought this up again? He hasn't talked to anyone that I can recall today and it wasn't mentioned during Reds Live either.
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 09-12-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Jared Hughes should be referring to Brandon Phillips as "sir."
    Last edited by M2; 09-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Maybe Hughes has issues with being called a racist.....which anyone would if they were accused of it... unless they flat out did not care and really were one without any apologies.

I wonder if Pirate fans are livid again.... You know, with the past 3 days?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    I wonder if Pirate fans are livid again.... You know, with the past 3 days?
    They are Steeler fans now.

Check back in April.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    They are Steeler fans now.

Check back in April.
    Ding Ding Ding! When the Reds took 2/3 from them awhile back my co-worker (Who is from Pittsburgh) changed to football season and hasn't talked baseball since....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Ding Ding Ding! When the Reds took 2/3 from them awhile back my co-worker (Who is from Pittsburgh) changed to football season and hasn't talked baseball since....
    Same with my in-laws. Of course they aren't talking much since Sunday's beating of the "Stillers"
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Agree.

I guess I'm also wondering why BP didn't go after him right there (if he was assuming the tone in "boy" was racist). He waited until Hughes was in the dugout and started yelling to AM, then went to twitter to air implied racism to the public.
    LOL if Brandon charged the mound he would be walking back to the dugout covered in red/his blood.Hughes is a big man and I figure thats why Phillips did'nt charge the mound.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Could this be something thats not as big of a deal as people is saying it is?I mean Hughes piched to phillips tonight and did'nt come close to hitting him or throwing inside to him.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Could this be something thats not as big of a deal as people is saying it is?I mean Hughes piched to phillips tonight and did'nt come close to hitting him or throwing inside to him.
    It's an enormous deal here. Hurdle's giving interviews about it. Apparently Phillips re-brought up the matter, saying that Hughes called him boy and later apologized for it. Hughes has taken tremendous offense at this, saying that he never used that word and did not apologize for it (he called Phillips and apologized for cursing).

Hurdle is adamant that people can watch tape and see what Hughes was saying to verify his claim.

Someone is clearly not telling the truth here, making the whole thing a grillion times more ridiculous (and insulting, no matter who's lying) than it needs to be. I suppose it's possible that someone doesn't *believe* he's not telling the truth, i.e., Hughes didn't use the word but Phillips misheard him.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    It's an enormous deal here. Hurdle's giving interviews about it. Apparently Phillips re-brought up the matter, saying that Hughes called him boy and later apologized for it. Hughes has taken tremendous offense at this, saying that he never used that word and did not apologize for it (he called Phillips and apologized for cursing).

Hurdle is adamant that people can watch tape and see what Hughes was saying to verify his claim.

Someone is clearly not telling the truth here, making the whole thing a grillion times more ridiculous (and insulting, no matter who's lying) than it needs to be. I suppose it's possible that someone doesn't *believe* he's not telling the truth, i.e., Hughes didn't use the word but Phillips misheard him.
    The reason I ask is b/c I read BP's twitter page and on sept 11(I think) he wrote about somebody calling him a bad name then wrote racism beside it.Well later that same day he wrote about the phone call that he and hughes had and said everything was great and hoped hughes throws a ball for him to hit lol. The way I read it and seen it in that order that everything was ok between them.

Turn Off Ads?