Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cingrani to the pen?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Cingrani to the pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Probably the 4 per 9 he walks or the 4.27 xFIP he showed.

I don't think he's bad at all per se, but he probably would be by far our worst reliever by almost a full run, and the guy really is a fly ball machine. Not good for his walk rate or home field.
    He misses bats at a high rate. He would be fine. Just like he was when he was up here earlier.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can't imagine the Reds having a plan of Hoover at the back end next year if they won't even bring him up this year.
    I think he's in their plans, it's just a crowded bullpen.

Masset and Arrodondo are signed through next year.
    Arrodondo is worth keeping.. Masset.. well, honestly he may not be effective next year either. I'm not trying to be overly pessemistic, but the Reds have to assume they will get nothing out of him next year.

I think Bray is only signed for this year.. I could see the Reds cutting bait on him.

I can't see the Reds bringing back Madson unless it is very cheap.
    I would rather them spend the money to keep Broxton if they are going to spend money.

Logan? If he continues to pitch poorly, I could see him getting traded this offseason.

Anyhow.. the Reds must like Hoover .. they did trade for him and kept him on the ML roster until the numbers crunch happened. He is in their plans, they just felt Broxton was a better pitcher right now. I think after this season, Hoover has two more options remaining..so that works against him.. however, I feel he's more than an emergency backup type guy.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I see your point but IMO he shouldnt even have been sent back down period. Bray was horrid and JJ didnt really do anything to warrant a demotion.
    Puzzling decision in hindsight.. as Bray certianly didn't look 100% healthy when he was activated off the DL.. Either a panic move or perhaps the medical staff was overly aggressive/optimistic again? I worry the same thing about Masset.. at this point, I'd rather the Reds just decide that Masset isn't going to help this year.. Let him just rest until next spring and hope the shoulder responds. Pitching in A ball and hoping he is able to get healthy before playoff rosters are decided doesn't seem to make sense, especially since we don't really need him.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?