Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 8/4/12- Reds vs. Pirates

Re: 8/4/12- Reds vs. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jeez, the Reds win a big game and people are getting snippy about a joke.
    While I was just busting reds44's chops, I hate to truly feel like I'm giving Scrap a hard time.

What a ball game. What a good thread. Yet his only 2 posts the whole time are directed at my joke.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Didn't think Rolen had this level of play left in him. Makes it extra sweet!
    Honestly that is why he is hurt so often...he plays like he's 18 in a 37 year old body. He knows no other way. That is why I respect him so.

in 2010 in the All-Star game he went from 1st to 3rd and scored the go-ahead run. He pulled his hamstring and was not the same for the rest of the year.

He knows no other way but play "balls to the wall" every play. He respects the game.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Kal and I understand each other. He was probably mocking me, but I laughed out loud. The emotions of these games make you do and type a lot of things you wouldn't normally do. It was a joke, that's all. Nothing can take away the joy of how this team is playing.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Kal and I understand each other. He was probably mocking me, but I laughed out loud. The emotions of these games make you do and type a lot of things you wouldn't normally do. It was a joke, that's all. Nothing can take away the joy of how this team is playing.
    Kal was mocking the big fuss about the term 'thug' and being a term of "racial undertones" today over on the ORG.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Kal was mocking the big fuss about the term 'thug' from today on the ORG.
    Missed that. I must check. Last night I was sent a PM saying my home state and me were racists since I called "Cutch" a thug in the game thread. I guess the meaning if the word has changed.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I was thinking about this last night when I saw a little kid in the dugout with a Cairo jersey on (I assume his son). I don't think they would or even should DFA him. Let the season play out and part ways then.

Tonight just really convinced me. What little he's got in the tank is enough right now with this team and the chemistry should not be messes with. That and he really seems like a great guy.

I guess all this winning has made me a softy.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 08-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Getting back on track, I have the Reds as 6 runs back of the Nats as far as least amount of runs allowed in the Bigs this year.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Dusty says he doesn't anticipate BP being available tomorrow.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Can't we all just get along? <sniff, sniff>

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Dusty says he doesn't anticipate BP being available tomorrow.
    Anyone have details on his being scratched?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Anyone have details on his being scratched?
    Dusty spoke quietly but what I gathered was that they decided they didn't want an ailing BP out there for a full game.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Leake had a nice bounceback outing. Two windblown homers that are normally cans of corn and the wp third strike (worst rule in the game).
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

KittyDuran back home from the game and was glad to keep her Leake t-shirt on the right way. She's debating whether to go to tomorrow's game (not part of ticket packages).
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Not to be critical of the crowd, but it seems a little quiet for a full house. Maybe it's just the way the sound is on the MLB Network broadcast. I'd love to hear from someone who attended.
    Nah, that place was rockin' -- especially in the 8th and 9th. We cheered like madmen when Rolen tripled and then scored, and after his crap everyone booed Hughes until their throats became hoarse. When Chapman came in the place was electric. Everybody was on their feet and cheering from the moment he entered from the bullpen.

This really was an awesome game to go to. Packed house and big win against a divisional rival. It was even sweeter that Hughes gave up the winning run while 'Cutch' put up an O-fer. Bring out the brooms tomorrow boys!

Turn Off Ads?