Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday August 4 Minor League Updates

Re: Saturday August 4 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Actually in his previous outing he gave up only one earned run and held batters to a .188 average.

He had one bad game. He is coming out of games early because they are trying to hold his innings down. He is, I suspect, throwing more balls out the strike zone because they are forcing him to throw other pitches.
    1 unearned run but 3 overall along with only 3K/2W in 4.1ip

That to me is still struggling for that game. I am not trying to be overly critical just pointing out facts because some posters wanted to seem to call him the next coming with just a year and a half of ball between high A and AA.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    1 unearned run but 3 overall along with only 3K/2W in 4.1ip

That to me is still struggling for that game. I am not trying to be overly critical just pointing out facts because some posters wanted to seem to call him the next coming with just a year and a half of ball between high A and AA.
    I disagree.

If a pitcher is cruising through the minors on 2 pitches, dominating. But he's told he won't make it at the major league level unless he works on his other pitches.......I'm sure he's working on other pitches to add to his repetoire. I don't blame him.

He's shown what he's capable of. Now he's got to show some refining of other pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I disagree.

If a pitcher is cruising through the minors on 2 pitches, dominating. But he's told he won't make it at the major league level unless he works on his other pitches.......I'm sure he's working on other pitches to add to his repetoire. I don't blame him.

He's shown what he's capable of. Now he's got to show some refining of other pitches.
    What are you disagreeing with?

Are you claiming to have inside information on his situation to which he was told expand what type of pitches you throw because you won't make it?

How do you know that it is just not the league getting a scouting report on him or wearing down from pitching as many innings as he has thus far?

You already established bubba that you had an agenda to show he's not the next coming. Bottom line... last 2 games he's pitched 9.1 innings, with an ERA below 1.00.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    You already established bubba that you had an agenda to show he's not the next coming. Bottom line... last 2 games he's pitched 9.1 innings, with an ERA below 1.00.
    Just because I disagree does not mean that I have an "agenda". Also I look at peripherals when discussing how a pitching prospect in AA is doing. Just because he is not giving up runs does not mean everything is running smoothly as it had been for him prior.

Turn Off Ads?