Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Are the Pirates the new WLB's?

Are the Pirates the new WLB's?

I mean wow. Great sportsmanship from the Pirates. Harrison reacting like a baby over what was obviously an accident from Leake, the Pirates vowing to bean one of our guys for an accident from Chapman last night, Clint Hurdle getting angry that he wouldn't get a chance to bean one of our guys, and to top it off the Pirates pitcher giving a subtle elbow to Navarro...I know it is intense with what's on the line, but good Lord.

Oh well, I'm certainly not trying to stir the pot and at least it didn't escalate the way the infamous Cards/Reds game did before. It's been a very exciting series so far, even more so since the Reds have won both of them.

I expect a sweep tomorrow.

This team is badazz!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Are the Pirates the new WLB's?

I wouldn't worry about it, they haven't played dirty all year. From the stuff you read they're pretty good guys too.

I think this series might have been a little too big for them, at least the first two games. They're so pumped up it probably worked against them. Freaking out over getting beaned, getting a manager tossed, an obvious accident from Leake turning into a thing..whatever. I said it in the game thread, but I think we just got in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it, they haven't played dirty all year. From the stuff you read they're pretty good guys too.

I think this series might have been a little too big for them, at least the first two games. They're so pumped up it probably worked against them. Freaking out over getting beaned, getting a manager tossed, an obvious accident from Leake turning into a thing..whatever. I said it in the game thread, but I think we just got in their heads.
    I can understand that. This is somewhere they haven't been in a long time, and they are still without question 100X classier than the guys in St.Louis.

what i didnt get. when Hughes intentionally raised his arm and hit Navarro, it happened right in front of the ump, he should have been tossed for unsportsmanship in my opinion

Josh Harrison clearly didn't grow up a Reds fan, despite Cincinnati being his hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    and they are still without question 100X classier than the guys in St.Louis.
    Agreed. I think there's a good rivalry brewing, though.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

One word to the pirates: Scoreboard. You don't win games by crying like a baby

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

Spot on.

Turn Off Ads?