Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lucky Tonight?

Lucky Tonight?

A great win tonight over the Pirates, giving us the series win. Possible sweep tomorrrow! Hard to believe we had only 5 hits out of the infield. That's right. We had 4 infield hits and scored the winning run on a ground out to the pitcher.
    I would say that's being pretty lucky coming away with the win.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lucky Tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    A great win tonight over the Pirates, giving us the series win. Possible sweep tomorrrow! Hard to believe we had only 5 hits out of the infield. That's right. We had 4 infield hits and scored the winning run on a ground out to the pitcher.
    I would say that's being pretty lucky coming away with the win.
    Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good
    My thoughts as well.

These are the kind of wins you get regularly when you play tight and scappy baseball. Not luck at all, it is called intensity and concentration.

1. Bucs had 2 very "wind" aided HR.
    2. Bucs 4th run came on a weird bounce to Frazier at 1st for a double, then a strikeout/WP allowed the runner to 3rd..followed by a sacrifice fly.
    3. Phillips, Votto and Mesaraco were all out of game.

I'd say the Pirates have more breaks going their way and still can take advantage of a series that really needed to get 2 of 3. Now they are starting down a sweep.

Lucky? Most winning clubs have their share of it. But, why fret over these things? Instead, just enjoy the ride. It's been a very long while since we've seen anything like this!

Yes the Reds team has had there share of luck, but I watch my share of none Reds baseball as well and every team has the same luck. The Reds pitching is what sets them apart from other teams. The 1990 Reds also had solid starting pitching and a great bullpen and hitting that didn't overwelm me.

The Suckos were "lucky" to score the four runs they did score, and that was off of our number 5 pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_Fourteen View Post
    Lucky? Most winning clubs have their share of it. But, why fret over these things? Instead, just enjoy the ride. It's been a very long while since we've seen anything like this!
    We've never seen anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug4500 View Post
    We've never seen anything like this.
    I sure have! You must be a young guy. This team has been winning a lot of close games. I remember seeing the Reds totally dominate.

Last time the Reds won 22 out of 25 was pre 1900. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you aren't 112+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug4500 View Post
    Last time the Reds won 22 out of 25 was pre 1900. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you aren't 112+ years old.
    Nope. The 75 Reds did it between June and July of 1975.

The also won something like 41 out of 50 (without hteir top starter Gullet IIRC).

But the 75 Reds might have been the best team in MLB history, so it's a good team to be be compared with.

We've been very fortunate all year....we have that "factor" which can trump nearly everything.

Turn Off Ads?