Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 277

Thread: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

  1. #226
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,175

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    My hope is he will once Votto is back in the lineup. Cozart much better down in the lineup IMO.
    I don't know. He likes Phillips there in 4th for some reason. It has worked, but when Votto comes back, it would make sense. Lots of pressure for a rookie there.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #227
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,482

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    I really wish Rolen would have retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  4. #228
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Rolen can pick it at 3rd.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  5. #229
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wise, Va.
    Posts
    759

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    If there was a way to only let Rolen play after the All-Star break he'd be golden.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

  6. #230
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I don't know. He likes Phillips there in 4th for some reason. It has worked, but when Votto comes back, it would make sense. Lots of pressure for a rookie there.
    Well he likes him fourth for a good reason, because he's been crazy productive there. But I do agree, with Ludwick's resurgence, now is as good a time as any to make the switch. But, is BP's calf healthy enough for Dusty to want to hit him leadoff?

  7. #231
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    I've been here for a long time, seen many a game thread. I don't really see any difference in behaviors.

    Use the ignore if you see patterns. I just want to have the freedom to be a frustrated fan from time to time.
    It's when people go off the tracks and start spouting hyperbole and nonsense..... that it becomes annoying. It's like they are being fed what to post by Falls City Beer.

  8. #232
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    If there was a way to only let Rolen play after the All-Star break he'd be golden.
    except for 2010....
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  9. #233
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,175

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Me and the 1st pick of the 2022 baseball amateur draft are going to Chicago this weekend for the weekend series...just booked the flight. Spur of the moment thing...wanted to do something special for him before school started. I won't tell him until friday afternoon
    Good form. Surprised my son several times and plan to do it again soon.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  10. #234
    getting younger alloverjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I don't know. He likes Phillips there in 4th for some reason. It has worked, but when Votto comes back, it would make sense. Lots of pressure for a rookie there.
    I doubt it. I think everybody just moves down one if Votto comes back this year
    This place use to be fun

  11. #235
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    This minor comeback is a prime example of why Arroyo should never, ever be given the benefit of the doubt for one more inning or batter. With the Reds pen it's just dumb.
    That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

    With that logic, every time Arroyo gives up a baserunner, he should be yanked.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  12. #236
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,175

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Well he likes him fourth for a good reason, because he's been crazy productive there. But I do agree, with Ludwick's resurgence, now is as good a time as any to make the switch. But, is BP's calf healthy enough for Dusty to want to hit him leadoff?
    Good question. I think Dusty likes speed at the top of the order and lately, I haven't seen that out of Brandon. And your point is well taken. We don't know much about his health.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  13. #237
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wise, Va.
    Posts
    759

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

    With that logic, every time Arroyo gives up a baserunner, he should be yanked.
    With Arroyo if it's past the 5th inning and it's close, you better be ready to pull him.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

  14. #238
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Passed ball on Navarro
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  15. #239
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,175

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    With Arroyo if it's past the 5th inning and it's close, you better be ready to pull him.
    Hmmm
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  16. #240
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: 8/6/2012 - Reds at Brewers - Dat Dude is back

    Cardinals win 8-2.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25