Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 8/7

Well tomorrow will have Valdez or Cairo and I assume Heisey....but Stubbs or Bruce sitting seems very unlikely.....so probably Luddy, Stubbs and Bruce

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 8/7

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    When Votto comes back, hopefully soon, what move do they make to open the spot on the 25 man?

Paul has earned his spot, Cairo has not, Cairo has my vote.
    Cairo isn't going any place. And if you think he hasn't "earned his spot" I guess you missed the Pirate series.

Actually I think you missed the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    If Phillips really is still hurt then he should be on the DL
    I don't think he's hurt right now. It always takes him a little while to get back into a groove, happens every time he gets hurt and has to miss time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Cairo isn't going any place. And if you think he hasn't "earned his spot" I guess you missed the Pirate series.
    You would rather have him than Paul? Not me. Look at his season stats, it is not pretty.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I think the safe bet is that Paul goes down for a couple of weeks and returns when rosters expand. He's definitely making a strong case to make our post season roster though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I think the safe bet is that Paul goes down for a couple of weeks and returns when rosters expand. He's definitely making a strong case to make our post season roster though.
    I like that thinking. Post season should be fun, provided we are there. I couldn't be pulling any harder for them.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Over the last two years the Brewers are dramatically different at home as opposed to on the road. What they did in St Louis is irrelevant. Plus Gallaro did not pitch against the Cardinals.
    Yovani Gallardo didn't pitch against the Cardinals for good reason he's 1-9 with a 7.05 ERA against them in his career not counting getting blasted for another loss giving up 4 in 5 in the NLCS last year.

Let me explain it to you: This is not the NFL. This is a 162 game season. Ryan Ludwick is 34 years old. Its a marathon not a sprint. You need to keep your players fresh. This is like people complaining when Baker used to give Rolen a day off for a day game after a night game. You need to look at the big picture.
    He doesn't need to get 2 days off every six games. He turned 34 3 weeks ago its not like he's some haggard old man. Players don't get hot with spread out AB's they get hot with regular PT and when you have a hot bat you need to ride it because it will eventually cool and then you can recharge the batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    Yovani Gallardo didn't pitch against the Cardinals for good reason he's 1-9 with a 7.05 ERA against them in his career not counting getting blasted for another loss giving up 4 in 5 in the NLCS last year.
    So your point is that the Cardinals benefited by facing 3 guys named Mark Rodgers, Wolf and Estrada (0-5) instead of Gallardo? I don't think so.

So your point is that the Cardinals benefited by facing 3 guys named Mark Rodgers, Wolf and Estrada (0-5) instead of Gallardo? I don't think so.
    They would love to face Gallardo they own him like no other pitcher. He's 1-10 against them including the playoffs the next most loss total is 5. This year he is 0-2 with 14 ER allowed in 5.2 innings pitched for a 22.24 ERA!

The Brewers do everything in their power to have him miss them over the last two series.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    They would love to face Gallardo they own him like no other pitcher. He's 1-10 against them including the playoffs the next most loss total is 5. This year he is 0-2 with 14 ER allowed in 5.2 innings pitched for a 22.24 ERA!

The Brewers do everything in their power to have him miss them over the last two series.
    Except the point you were making was that we should easily beat a team that was just destroyed in three games by the Cardinals. And the problem with that point is that:

1. The Brewers are a much different team at home than on the road. (Witness the REdlegs' recent 3 game sweep of them in Cincinnati) .

2. Its one thing to face the Brewers when Mark Rodgers, Wolf and Estrada are pitching. Its quite another when Gallardo or Fiers are pitching.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 08-08-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Fries or Fires or whatever pitched one helluva game. Had us guessing all night long. At least we got a decent "quality start" from Cueto but it just wasn't enough.

Turn Off Ads?