Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    We went from 72.0% at the division to 55.9% over 4 games and that has a shot to still drop if the others win.
    Well crap. Let's go home everyone. Have a great winter and we'll see you all back in April.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nothing worse hearing Cardinals fans say they aren't worried because Dusty will blow it and then seeing he starts playing two scrubs in a must win game and one of them blow a sure RBI in a one run loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    He can post some crazy stuff but I'm surprised he was banned. Agree with him or not, the guy was here to talk Reds baseball.
    I agree. I have no idea why he was banned. He wasn't abusive to the other posters. Unlike a number of people on here. He sure liked to disagree though.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Well crap. Let's go home everyone. Have a great winter and we'll see you all back in April.
    If you don't like people upset after games on a message board then maybe you should leave. You can be over blind to the issues but we are falling back to the pack with tons of games left. You want to act like we are locks for the playoffs but one extended bad run like out hot run and we could miss the dance competently.

Cozart and Hannigan should have been in the game in the bottom of the 8th!

I can see having a hard time with gallardo and that tough rookie right hander but Randy Wolf? One of the most mediocre efforts of the year except by Latos. On the other hand, you can't give up a gopher ball to a stiff like Carlos Gomes either.

Nothing worse hearing Cardinals fans say they aren't worried because Dusty will blow it and then seeing he starts playing two scrubs in a must win game and one of them blow a sure RBI in a one run loss.
    There are no must win games in early August. Please chill a little.

Bruce needs to start stepping up. He's better than this.

Brewers go into St Louis and lose 18-4 and their BP gives up 7 getting swept, and we go play them and we lose 12-6 in a sweep and their BP give up 2 runs out pitching our pen!
    Mediocore pitching beats less than stellar hitting everytime......... The Reds offense is not that good, as a whole. They put some good games together, recently, but over all, they are .........meh. Yes, we may have an 'easier' schedule the rest of the way, but, IMO, history has told me, the Reds don't play too well against weaker teams....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    There are no must win games in early August. Please chill a little.
    Yes there is, you can't get swept by a terrible team with you two aces going against a rookie and a guy who those pitches in the low 60s. I bet you're also one of those guys who say blowing games in April doesn't matter because its April too right?

I bet the Braves think there are must win games in August after they had a 6-9 run against teams who ended up with losing records and they missed the playoffs by one game.

Yes there is, you can't get swept by a terrible team with you two aces going against a rookie and a guy who those pitches in the low 60s. I bet you're also one of those guys who say blowing games in April doesn't matter because its April too right?

I bet the Braves think there are must win games in August after they had a 6-9 run against teams who ended up with losing records and they missed the playoffs by one game.
    No....I hate blowing those crap games and Dusty drives me insane....but I also see the other side of it all.

Maybe it's semantics but a must win game means you have to win or your done. With a 3 game lead and 50 to play we still have the edge on everyone. Are we playing great?....absolutely not. Was I very excited during the great run where we found a way to win every game....not at all. I'm looking for the best chance to win lineups (assuming rest for everyone) and good plate approaches. I think the NL sucks and we have a chance but it's about getting there and once the playoff starts....how are we? Healthy? Timely hitting? Can we get a bunt down? Bruce playing versus a tough lefty? Baserunning?

This game/series really told me nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

This game/series really told me nothing at all.
    Then you are one really lost dude. It just reiterated what I've seen all year, and it isn't looking all rosy, imho.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Mediocore pitching beats less than stellar hitting everytime......... The Reds offense is not that good, as a whole. They put some good games together, recently, but over all, they are .........meh. Yes, we may have an 'easier' schedule the rest of the way, but, IMO, history has told me, the Reds don't play too well against weaker teams....
    I warned about that earlier this summer. The Reds have lost series to MIN, CLE and MIL now. Nothing is going to come easy. I almost feel better when they play someone who forces them to bear down and focus.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Lol.

Last year from Aug 22nd-24th (2 weeks later than we are this season) the upcoming World Series Champion Cardinals hosted the uber cold Dodgers who were a miserable 11 games under .500 The Cardinals at home with their 3 best pitchers (Carpenter, Lohse and Garcia) and the Dodgers busted their tails for a 3 game sweep and outscored them 24-7.

If teams caved every time there was some trouble most every team would suck from May on.
    Last edited by Ironman92; 08-08-2012 at 06:37 PM.

If you don't like people upset after games on a message board then maybe you should leave. You can be over blind to the issues but we are falling back to the pack with tons of games left. You want to act like we are locks for the playoffs but one extended bad run like out hot run and we could miss the dance competently.
    Upset is one thing. A paranoid lack of perspective is another. You are displaying the latter. No game on August 8 is a must win especially when your are the team with a decent lead. Understanding the ebbs and flows of a 6 month season might allow you to enjoy the ride a bit. Try it.

Turn Off Ads?