Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 303

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

  1. #286
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Upset is one thing. A paranoid lack of perspective is another. You are displaying the latter. No game on August 8 is a must win especially when your are the team with a decent lead. Understanding the ebbs and flows of a 6 month season might allow you to enjoy the ride a bit. Try it.
    I prefer my ebbs scrambled.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #287
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Lol.

    Last year from Aug 22nd-24th (2 weeks later than we are this season) the upcoming World Series Champion Cardinals hosted the uber cold Dodgers who were a miserable 11 games under .500 The Cardinals at home with their 3 best pitchers (Carpenter, Lohse and Garcia) and the Dodgers busted their tails for a 3 game sweep and outscored them 24-7.

    If teams caved every time there was some trouble most every team would suck from May on.
    They also had to win 23-9 the rest of the way and still needed the Braves to go 11-21 and the Cards swept the Braves all to get in on the very last day. They needed every single thing to go right to just get in including an extra inning loss in game 162 from the Braves.

    If they didn't have that perfect storm miracle happen losing 10 of 15 in August would have been what cost them their season.

  4. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Upset is one thing. A paranoid lack of perspective is another. You are displaying the latter. No game on August 8 is a must win especially when your are the team with a decent lead. Understanding the ebbs and flows of a 6 month season might allow you to enjoy the ride a bit. Try it.
    You ultra homers need to get your heads out of the sand. These games now are just as massive as the games in last September early October. The Braves and the Red Sox fans both were saying the same stuff last year and the poor play kept coming and coming and their leads vanished.

    We are a +21 both those teams were Boston was +31 at the end of August and missed the playoffs and the Braves were +26 after the first day of September and missed out as well. You guys acting like we are untouchable are very naive.

  5. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Calling this a "must Win" is the usual Sun Deck foolishness and the fact that the Braves chocked last year doesn't change that.

    On the other hand, today was a "should have won", and "should have won" losses are tough to take no matter what month of the season it is.

  6. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Calling this a "must Win" is the usual Sun Deck foolishness and the fact that the Braves chocked last year doesn't change that.

    On the other hand, today was a "should have won", and "should have won" losses are tough to take no matter what month of the season it is.

    You can not lay eggs to sinking teams with your two best pitchers going. Now we have to go back around the rotation with out struggling arms to get back to those guys again.

  7. #291
    Member chuck6660's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    90

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    You can not lay eggs to sinking teams with your two best pitchers going. Now we have to go back around the rotation with out struggling arms to get back to those guys again.
    Sounds like the Reds are on another streak, 4 games and counting...only going the wrong way.

    Alot of the optimisitc posters keep saying "it's a long season, things even out", how correct they are! From beginning of the season I have felt that the Reds were a slightly better than .500 team. I got my hopes up after the All-Star break; however the last 4 games has brought me back to me senses. The lack of offense is still there.

  8. #292
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    They also had to win 23-9 the rest of the way.
    but how did they manage to do the impossible after getting swept at home with their ace and their next two best starters to a far lesser and struggling team AND were mashed 24-7???

    Their happenings were worse than what just happened to the Reds and they finished 23-9.

  9. #293
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    You can not lay eggs to sinking teams with your two best pitchers going. Now we have to go back around the rotation with out struggling arms to get back to those guys again.
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that calling any of these three games a "must win" is rather foolish.

  10. #294
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    but how did they manage to do the impossible after getting swept at home with their ace and their next two best starters to a far lesser and struggling team AND were mashed 24-7???

    Their happenings were worse than what just happened to the Reds and they finished 23-9.
    First of all they got beat by the Dodgers better pitchers in two of those games and the other was one of their top pitching prospects and the guy who got the Hanley. We didn't lose to the Cy Young winner did we or a front of the rotation arm with a 3.41 carer ERA in 137 games did we?

    Last time I looked we got beat by the Brewers not the Dodgers who won 30 of 45 games playing .667 ball to end last year.

  11. #295
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that calling any of these three games a "must win" is rather foolish.
    They are must win, you cannot afford to lose these games to teams just playing out the season. Its foolish to think its OK to lose these games and they aren't going to potentially play a part in if we make the dance and who we play if we get there.

  12. #296
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    First of all they got beat by the Dodgers better pitchers in two of those games and the other was one of their top pitching prospects and the guy who got the Hanley. We didn't lose to the Cy Young winner did we or a front of the rotation arm with a 3.41 carer ERA in 137 games did we?

    Last time I looked we got beat by the Brewers not the Dodgers who won 30 of 45 games playing .667 ball to end last year.
    You are just ignoring so much. You win. This was a must win game and we lost.

  13. #297
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    2,678

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Thought I would start it to shake up this losing streak. Thanks,

    Aug 8 Miller Park,

    Milwaukee Brewers vs. Reds 2:10 pm

    Mat Latos vs Randy Wolf
    Could not belive what happened today. My mom is visiting and I took her to the Scioto Downs Casino (by her request). I went off and on to the bar area and watched the game. A few fans there were in shock with me. Let's take 3 of 4 from the Cubs and increase the lead by a game or two.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

  14. #298
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    You are just ignoring so much. You win. This was a must win game and we lost.
    I guess this means its time to turn our attention to football. The season's over. Speaking of "ignoring so much", I've never utilized the ignore function before, but I'm about to do so.

  15. #299
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    They are must win, you cannot afford to lose these games to teams just playing out the season. Its foolish to think its OK to lose these games and they aren't going to potentially play a part in if we make the dance and who we play if we get there.
    Now you're moving the goal posts. First you say its "a must win". Now you're saying "you cannot afford to lose these games ", "its (not) OK to lose these games", and "they are going to potentially play a part". These are totally different arguments.

  16. #300
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 8/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I guess this means its time to turn our attention to football. The season's over. Speaking of "ignoring so much", I've never utilized the ignore function before, but I'm about to do so.
    Do you have any idea how utterly stupid you sound when you type that all the time? Nobody is saying our season is over but if we keep blowing games like this to substandard competition with our aces it could end up that way.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25