Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorabilia

Re: Memorabilia

Those mugs look nice. I would like those.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2 View Post
    The pennant with Mr. Redlegs and the tassles is interesting. Is that made of of wool or felt? Is that pin stuck in it or just laying on top?

I think it's jpg number five.

Its a pin thats been stuck in it. I haven't taken it out yet because I dont know what I want to do with them yet.

The Wheeler Stuff I thought about calling the park and seeing if they would be interested in looking at it. They've framed and hung similar stuff around the office building and park of stuff like that before. I doubt it would have much value outside of the immediate area.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Its a pin thats been stuck in it. I haven't taken it out yet because I dont know what I want to do with them yet.

The Wheeler Stuff I thought about calling the park and seeing if they would be interested in looking at it. They've framed and hung similar stuff around the office building and park of stuff like that before. I doubt it would have much value outside of the immediate area.
    Unless the pin is showing signs of rust, I'd just leave the pin in it. There will be a hole in the pennant when you take it out. That can't be fixed, but would be preferable to rust stains on your pennant.

You'd be suprised. Ebay has made everywhere an immediate area. Probably five to ten dollars on the Wheeler items to a collector. Calling the park is a great idea. If you decide to sell your items and don't want to go the Ebay route, contact some of the local auction houses. You also might try offering them up here on RedsZone. You already have some interest in the mugs.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

The little models of Crosley Field are pretty cool.

How much for all of it as is? Send me a message please if your going to be selling.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by S.Wells View Post
    How much for all of it as is? Send me a message please if your going to be selling.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    I need to talk to my bro in law first. I will keep you all updated if any of it is going to be sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

On the mugs, what info is on the bottom of them? It looks like it was a set put out after the '76 Series win and before the 1990 season. I can find out more from the info on the bottom. I look for this sort of stuff at yard sales and such to resell, so I'm generally able to track down some history on them.

I actually just bought a book "written" by Willie Mays that is signed. I'm probably going to actually get a Certificate of Authenticity to up the value. I've picked up various bobbleheads and such too.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?