Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Cubs Thursday 8/9

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    He cheated the Reds out of a game earlier in the season, didn't he? Not that the Reds would have definitely won either of them.
    Interesting eh?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    Well its good to know that these 5 losses to the easy potion of the schedule doesn't mean anything to the season at all and are just 5 random games. Also glad to know losing those 5 games in 5 days to the Nats for home field in a possible NLCS match up and to draw the Wild Card game winner with a used up rotation doesn't mean anything since the only meaningful games take place the last weekend of the year to some here, and who cares we are 2-5 against them.

Who cares that our rivals have been cutting the lead down while playing their harder games, right? Its not like they are slowing getting a easier reaming schedule while ours is getting harder or anything. Its all good since we get to play the improved Giants or Dodgers in a short series if we hold on to the division.

Its fine that we gave the whole league the week to catch up with us since we can make it up hitting the road to play the Pirates and Cardinals to end the season. I'm sure both of those team will lay down for us, and I'm sure they aren't going to try to sweep us out of the playoffs completely since we have good chemistry.
    Shhh

Re: Reds vs. Cubs Thursday 8/9

Typical way to lose a game: Get a few runs early and sit and watch the other team come back and tie the game. Then let a guy like Ondruesek throw the game loser. 5 games in a row 0f mediocre offense. And we've now lost two in a row to really mediocre pitchers.

And we could have had Victorino straight up for Ondrusek.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

The last two guys they've faced don't even qualify as "mediocre." Wolf is barely passable, and this guy tonight has an ERA bordering on 7.00 and hasn't won a game in something like 20 outings.

To be forced into a situation where you have to run Miguel Cairo and Wilson Valdez out there is embarrassing. Walt completely failed this team and the fans.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    Well its good to know that these 5 losses to the easy potion of the schedule doesn't mean anything to the season at all and are just 5 random games. Also glad to know losing those 5 games in 5 days to the Nats for home field in a possible NLCS match up and to draw the Wild Card game winner with a used up rotation doesn't mean anything since the only meaningful games take place the last weekend of the year to some here, and who cares we are 2-5 against them.

Who cares that our rivals have been cutting the lead down while playing their harder games, right? Its not like they are slowing getting a easier reaming schedule while ours is getting harder or anything. Its all good since we get to play the improved Giants or Dodgers in a short series if we hold on to the division.

Its fine that we gave the whole league the week to catch up with us since we can make it up hitting the road to play the Pirates and Cardinals to end the season. I'm sure both of those team will lay down for us, and I'm sure they aren't going to try to sweep us out of the playoffs completely since we have good chemistry.
    The Reds weren't winning the World Series this season, so i dont think it matters that much at this point

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    The Reds weren't winning the World Series this season, so i dont think it matters that much at this point
    Your feigned indifference is given away by the fact that you're posting about them at 12:40 a.m.

It matters.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I'm just thankful now that CoCo Cordero dumped two 3 runs 9th to us to avoid losing a series to Houston or we would just be a half game up and the Cardinals would be 3 back and the Astros would been 6-33 rather than 4-34 in their last 38 games.

You know things are going south when pants are getting tight in St Louis with them rooting for the Cubs and celebrating them winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Your feigned indifference is given away by the fact that you're posting about them at 12:40 a.m.

It matters.
    Well it's 1:49 in the afternoon for me and I have to say that I am concerned. I have a feeling that this season is in jeopardy. I was happily surprised at how well the Reds played after the ASG break, but things are now evening out...the Reds are a .500 baesball team and i expect them to lose 2 of 3 in Chicago and play sub .500 baseball through the rest of August.

My mother in-law drinks two drinks of soda out of a can or glass and lets the rest sit for me to clean up hours later, every day she's over. I say something every time, doesn't change a thing.

The Reds have let me down countless times over the years. Is if foolish to think this year might be different? Just once give me some thing different!!! Win and keep winning!
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    Well it's 1:49 in the afternoon for me and I have to say that I am concerned. I have a feeling that this season is in jeopardy. I was happily surprised at how well the Reds played after the ASG break, but things are now evening out...the Reds are a .500 baesball team and i expect them to lose 2 of 3 in Chicago and play sub .500 baseball through the rest of August.
    Chicago is a 4 game series. They can go 1-3, 2-2, 0-4, 3-1, but not lose 2 of 3.

If you mean lose 2 of the next 3, then that is entirely possible and I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
    Last edited by Jefferson24; 08-10-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Why are you guys freaking out Mutaman and Who Dey Time say its perfectly fine to lose 5 games in a row in August and it doesn't matter if 4 of them are against two teams who at the time were 10+ under .500 each.

Lets hope the Cards or Buccos don't find a 10 game win streak like we did, both of their season longs are 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Chicago is a 4 game series. They can go 1-3, 2-2, 0-4, 3-1, but not lose 2 of 3.

If you mean lose 2 of the next 3, then that is entirely possible and I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
    My bad; however, yes I expect them to lose 2 of the next 3, they are into the back of the rotation which IMO is showing fatigue. With the Reds current offense, the starters need to throw 7+ innnings allowing 2 runs or less. Three or more runs is too much for this team to match, at least until Votto returns.

What sucks is they are playing good baseball at home recently and getting a split will be a battle

That was the first game the Cubs won with Chris Volstad as a starter all season long. They were 0-10 and dating back to last with with the Marlins its been 12 starts since his team won with him starting and it was the 3rd time in last 21 starts.

Turn Off Ads?