Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday 8/09/2012 Minor League Updates

Thursday 8/09/2012 Minor League Updates

Louisville hosting the Dirty Birds from Toledo again. Bats trail 1 zip early. Sean Gallagher (4.85) on the mound. Bats went down in order in the first.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday 8/09/2012 Minor League Updates

Pensacola hosting Chattanooga. Game starts in about thirty minutes. Cingrani (1.98) on the mound for the 'Hoos tonight.

NOTE: Pink and Blue may be the ugliest color combination possible.

Dayton was visiting Lansing tonight but got rained out.

Bakersfield home against Visalia. Tanner Robles (1.83) hopes to continue his fine pitching against the Onions.

Billings will be at Great Falls this evening. Sal Romano (5.70) will be charged with stifling the Voyagers' bats.

Baby Reds face off against the Baby Daddies tonight. LOL. Baby Daddies. You have to love that.

Sean Gallagher has surrendered two longballs and the Bats trail 2-0. Bill Rhinehart singled and was thrown out stealing. Then proceeded to get ejected. Bats have something cooking in the home half of the fourth. Bases are loaded with no outs. Rodriguez and Soto singled and Perez walked.

Gallagher has given up five hits (including two bombs) and walked three in four innings of work. He has struck out nobody. And yet has only given up two runs. Damage control.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Tony Cingrani with a perfect first, striking out one. Billy Hamilton stands at the plate.

Bats get a run on a throwing error after a force at third. Perez was nailed at the plate. 2-1.

Bases were loaded when Valaika bounced to third. The third baseman stepped on third and then went to first. The throw was wild. Perez tried to score and was nailed at home.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-09-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Stop me if you have heard this one before. Billy Hamilton walks to lead off the game for Pensacola and steals second. Thirteen away from the record. Oops. Hamilton was picked off of second and thrown at trying to steal third. No bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Stop me if you have heard this one before. Billy Hamilton walks to lead off the game for Pensacola and steals second. Thirteen away from the record. Oops. Hamilton was picked off of second and thrown at trying to steal third. No bueno.
    At this point, imo, he's doing everything he can to get on base every chance he can (GOOD!) but pressing trying to hurry up and catch Vince (bad). Just my gut here, as I can't watch him often, but I think that once he breaks the record, he'll work on base stealing and not just GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

At least, that is what I'm hoping for. :hide:

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    At this point, imo, he's doing everything he can to get on base every chance he can (GOOD!) but pressing trying to hurry up and catch Vince (bad). Just my gut here, as I can't watch him often, but I think that once he breaks the record, he'll work on base stealing and not just GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

At least, that is what I'm hoping for. :hide:
    I agree, in that I feel he is pressing, losing focus, and just not being patient enough. How is he getting caught? pick offs or throw from catcher. Both are possibly a caught stealing, in the book(?), but, imo, both are entirely different.

Sean Gallagher walked 7 and struck out none in six innings. Yet he managed to give up only 3 runs. Will Ohman came on in the seventh and walked two and gave up two hits in one-third of an inning. And yet he gave up only one run. Louisville has rallied for two in the bottom half of the seventh and trail by a score of 4-3. Didi Gregorius tripled home the runs for Louisville. Neftali Soto has two hits. He is 14 for his last 38. That works out to a .368 average.

Tony Cingrani has pitched four scoreless innings. He has struck out four, walked two and given up two base hits. Pensacola is also scoreless with two base knocks, both by Bryson Smith (.337).

Turn Off Ads?