Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over half our lineup consists of...

Over half our lineup consists of...

Stubbs, Bruce, Cairo, catcher, pitcher.

Hard for the other 4 to generate much offence with that handicap.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Over half our lineup consists of...

I think it is to the point that we should just put an injured Votto in there. He probably gets more hits than those guys combined.
    2014 Attendance 0-3
    3/31/14, 4/12/14, 8/14/15

2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

I am more concerned about the Reds pitching. They have really back slid the last 2 weeks.

If Votto comes back and gets hurt we could be in some series trouble. Without Ludwick smashing the ball over the park and Stubbs over trying to make his job saving push leading up to the deadline the offense isn't quite as fun to watch.

Bruce is now 56-for-261 .215 over his last 76 with 75 K's over that time frame, he's got to wake up eventually right? I wish we could trade him for Rasmus right now and put Todd in RF everyday.

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    I am more concerned about the Reds pitching. They have really back slid the last 2 weeks.
    bound to happen.. law of averages
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

the Reds offense is what it is.....below average. Not terrible but not gonna win you many games and now that the SP is starting to struggle the losses will pile up

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    the Reds offense is what it is.....below average. Not terrible but not gonna win you many games and now that the SP is starting to struggle the losses will pile up
    true. Walt's failure at the deadline will prove to be big by season's end.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miamiredskin View Post
    Stubbs, Bruce, Cairo, catcher, pitcher.

Hard for the other 4 to generate much offence with that handicap.
    When the pitcher is Leake, there's as good a chance as anyone of reaching base. That tells you a lot.

This team is fighting for a division with a .154 hitter in the lineup and a .216 guy coming off the bench for a key 9th-inning pinch-hitting situation.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

no1 wanted a deal. obv not up to us but if you were happy live with the results. i was not and i hope it does not hurt us in the end.

Walts failure to see beyond the 10 game streak (who they were playing AND the players were playing harder due to being afraid to being dealt at the deadline), I pray doesnt hurt this teams chances. they keep throwing out a .150 hitter in Cario that doesnt deserve a roster spot!! THEN Stubbs is back to being Stubbs and Bruce has no clue at the plate. They should have scored another 3-4 runs, but Bruce cant hit with men on base.. Walt deseves a D- for screwing up the trade deadline. He would get a F if he made zero moves and didnt get Broxton. Well he deserves a F for not adding on to the offense when the team now needs it. Playing short handed again and we shouldnt panic? The Pirates are playing harder to me now. Yes they lost, but they have been bouncing back.. Cant say that these last 5 games with the Reds..

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    If Votto comes back and gets hurt we could be in some series trouble. Without Ludwick smashing the ball over the park and Stubbs over trying to make his job saving push leading up to the deadline the offense isn't quite as fun to watch.
    I do agree, man. But in fairness, if any of the playoff teams lost their team MVP down the stretch, it would be a huge blow. Especially the smaller market ones. Think about that Bucs offense without McCutchen.

As for this recent slide, I'm not going to give you some pollyanna nonsense about how it's just been bad luck or something. In spite of a few good pitching performances and a great one by Latos, this team has more or less played like a team that deserved each loss.

If those five losses had been peppered anywhere in the 20 out of 23 run rather than coming sequentially, I think we'd at least all be a little more even keeled about the implications. As it happens, they've come in the form of an August swoon, but will count the same in September and October.

I do think they'll win today and I do think they'll take this series. The Chubbies were coming off an 0-8 and were due for a win. I hate playing team's coming off long losing streaks like that, because (as I think will be the case with the Reds) the law of averages will always catch up with them... even if they're a lousy team (as I do not think is the case with the Reds).

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    They need JESUS brother! Can I get an AMEN!?!

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I think it is to the point that we should just put an injured Votto in there. He probably gets more hits than those guys combined.
    No way should Votto come back if he isn't 100%. The perspective is that, despite the Reds recent struggles, they are still the team in front. A first place team is going to add a MVP caliber bat to its lineup possibly as early as Tuesday. Take 2 of these last 3 in Chicago and get home and they will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Agree, the offense isn't that good and hasn't been all season. The starting pitching masked that below average hitting. While I won't go so far as to say the losses will pile up, with the starting pitching as is we're no better then a .500 team. But with the twenty game over .500 cushion we may still make the playoffs.

The Flaws on this team have driven me up the wall for years. How long has it been since we had a legitimate top of the order hitter? 1999? 1995?

Turn Off Ads?