Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 230

Thread: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

  1. #196
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,435

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Game feed froze, but something wacky happened.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Member OesterPoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West-central Ohio
    Posts
    2,073

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    I'd love to see Chapman hit this inning.

  4. #198
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,681

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Cyclone and Brutus, I agree. Marshall has been a bit shaky lately too. Just a bad stretch by the team overall. Trust me, I'm not overreacting to this like most. I like Broxton as a pickup, I truly do. I just think his stuff plays better in the 8th. That's all I was implying. He's not a HORRIBLE 8th inning option, I just think Marshall is better.

  5. #199
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    17,059

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    How was Phillips not at second. That was a mile high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    This team is like watching Zero Hour and thinking you are watching Airplane and waiting for the funny.

  6. #200
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    36,729

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Game feed froze, but something wacky happened.
    Phillips popped up to short LF and it fell in. Hanigan at 3rd, Phillips at 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  7. #201
    Mailing it in Cyclone792's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,454

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Ludwick pops out to shallow left and Cozart's unable to tag from third. Two out.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-15 Average Season: 72-90

  8. #202
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    36,729

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Ludwick pops to LF. 2 outs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  9. #203
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,681

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    I would hate it if my team's home games were in a park like this. It's truly a crapshoot on days like this.

  10. #204
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    36,729

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    You don't have to swing at every pitch, Xavier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  11. #205
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    10,582

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Per Brenly, the most consistent hard wind in years at Wrigley.

  12. #206
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,435

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Phillips popped up to short LF and it fell in. Hanigan at 3rd, Phillips at 1st.
    I could hear the Cubs announcers, and they made it sound more adventurous then that. Apparently the outfielders collided, too.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  13. #207
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,749

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Cyclone and Brutus, I agree. Marshall has been a bit shaky lately too. Just a bad stretch by the team overall. Trust me, I'm not overreacting to this like most. I like Broxton as a pickup, I truly do. I just think his stuff plays better in the 8th. That's all I was implying. He's not a HORRIBLE 8th inning option, I just think Marshall is better.
    Let's set aside what anyone thinks of Broxton for a moment. A case could be made that Marshall is much more suited to pitch the 7th because of his versatility.

    Broxton is basically a one-inning pitcher because of his surgery and durability, except in isolated cases. So if you bring him in during the 7th, you're usually guaranteed of needing someone for the 8th.

    However, if you bring in Marshall, you can be a lot more versatile and keep him in for two innings depending on the lineup, whether the Reds score in the 7th/8th, etc. I think by having Marshall in the 7th, the Reds can play against high leverage much better than if they did it the other way around.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  14. #208
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    36,729

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I could hear the Cubs announcers, and they made it sound more adventurous then that. Apparently the outfielders collided, too.
    Castro and Jackson collided. Jackson seemed to get the worst of it. It was an adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  15. #209
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,681

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Let's set aside what anyone thinks of Broxton for a moment. A case could be made that Marshall is much more suited to pitch the 7th because of his versatility.

    Broxton is basically a one-inning pitcher because of his surgery and durability, except in isolated cases. So if you bring him in during the 7th, you're usually guaranteed of needing someone for the 8th.

    However, if you bring in Marshall, you can be a lot more versatile and keep him in for two innings depending on the lineup, whether the Reds score in the 7th/8th, etc. I think by having Marshall in the 7th, the Reds can play against high leverage much better than if they did it the other way around.
    Fair point. Never thought of it from that approach.

  16. #210
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    21,230

    Re: 8/10/12 - Reds @ Cubs

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Cyclone and Brutus, I agree. Marshall has been a bit shaky lately too. Just a bad stretch by the team overall. Trust me, I'm not overreacting to this like most. I like Broxton as a pickup, I truly do. I just think his stuff plays better in the 8th. That's all I was implying. He's not a HORRIBLE 8th inning option, I just think Marshall is better.
    I think it depends on lefty-righty matchups. Marshall and Broxton are interchangeable in the seventh and eighth, depending on whether the opponent has LH or RH batters due up.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | redsfan1995 | The Operator