Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: offensive ad.

Re: offensive ad.

There was once an ad that popped up in a thread that discussed Ryan Freel, that used the word "Hustle". The ads were text only ads for Hustler magazine subscriptions.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I got it last night on my Kindle. No sites I've been to to cause it. Some ads are just there, I guess.
    I can see people thinking that I'm a pervert, but Marc getting the ad proves my innocence
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Getting ads for Jillian Michaels weight loss programs now. So I guess Redszone is calling me fat?

I also get linguistic advertisements.

(Completely obsessed with the ad generators now.)
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Don't mean to complain.. but I thought the dating ads were turned off?

This one offended me, because it kind of stings to have google ads tell me that I'm old

I just got that ad. My wife tells me I'm old everyday now I have ads doing the same thing.

On the good part I saw an ad for BCubbs book.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 08-22-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Adblock Plus is your friend.
    Those ads support RedsZone.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Those ads support RedsZone.
    I understand, but if someone doesn't want to see these ads, they can always DL the extension.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

For what it's worth, I actually got a sweet deal by clicking on an ad for a free dining plan at Walt Disney World for my wife and I's anniversary trip this November!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I got it last night on my Kindle. No sites I've been to to cause it. Some ads are just there, I guess.
    I think it's possible dating ads are one of the default ads that googleads and others use. I have seen ads like that immediately after I clear my browsing history.

Right now, the ad I am getting is for google adsense

I got an ad yesterday for a Roman orgy. I'm too old for that kinda stuff now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I just got an ad for heartburn medication featuring Larry the Cable Guy. Nothing reminds me of heartburn more than watching one of his movies.

Turn Off Ads?