Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: offensive ad.

offensive ad.

Don't mean to complain.. but I thought the dating ads were turned off?

This one offended me, because it kind of stings to have google ads tell me that I'm old
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: offensive ad.

I like it!

But this is a family site and that is not appropriate.

I will look into this.

Also, I love Homage clothing, especially since they make a ton of Reds- and Ohio-related stuff. And yet they keep pimping stuff like this to me. Am I allowed to report this as offensive? (I'm kidding boss! I don't want to waste your time. It's just funny. And completely creepy that all the advertisers know exactly where I am.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Yeah it's amazing that the ads on the site completely link to things I have been looking at online...dare I ask the complaintant if the offensive ad somehow could be explained based on web history?

I got an ad for a Divorce Lawyer.

They call me "chef"

Boss, I found inappropriate content in my Google search history. That is entirely unrelated to you or this board and I'm fully aware that I searched the offensive content myself but I just wanted to follow REDREAD's example and be open about this stuff.

I don't know what it is about this one, but something kind of gets under my skin about it:

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I don't know what it is about this one, but something kind of gets under my skin about it:

Is that former USC and Raiders QB, Todd Marinovich?!?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah it's amazing that the ads on the site completely link to things I have been looking at online...dare I ask the complaintant if the offensive ad somehow could be explained based on web history?
    Late getting back to this thread.. but one woman in my life is plenty.. not looking for any additional ones
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Late getting back to this thread.. but one woman in my life is plenty.. not looking for any additional ones
    It must be due to someone else using your computer.

I got it last night on my Kindle. No sites I've been to to cause it. Some ads are just there, I guess.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Is that former USC and Raiders QB, Todd Marinovich?!?
    I watched the 30 for 30 on him. Tragic story.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Adblock Plus is your friend.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Guess I'll report this one.

EDIT: I can't figure out how to post it, as its an ad, not a still pic, so I can't open in new tab for the URL. Anyway, its for some game called "Wartune" or something similar, and features a scantily-dressed animated woman, with the flashing words "You deserve an orgy today!"

EDIT 2: My bad, didn't realize a word I had in there would activate the word filter.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 08-19-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Turn Off Ads?