Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bengals vs Jets preseason game

Bengals vs Jets preseason game

I thought we looked good today. The offense settled down after a bumpy start. Dalton had some success against a great secondary, and Green-Ellis looks like he could be a pretty decent pickup. The D was suffocating. Tebow and/or Sanchez never really had a chance. We were in the backfield all day long. That D-line is just awesome.

The injuries were a concern. Dunlap, Wharton, Cook all among the players hurt. Here's hoping none of them are that seriously injured. Taylor Mays was also hurt, and Ray as well. Rough go of it on the injury side.

Overall, I was pleased. We have a tough schedule this year, so we could be better and take a step back record wise. But we looked good today. A lot better than the Jets, anyways.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals vs Jets preseason game

How is our offensive line going to be this season?

So many seasons both our lines were just pathetic. Without a great line, you're not going to be a great NFL team. The D line looks pretty great, offensive line was sort of weak last season.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing more of Burfict and Peerman.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

So many seasons both our lines were just pathetic. Without a great line, you're not going to be a great NFL team. The D line looks pretty great, offensive line was sort of weak last season.
    I think it can be solid. Not great, but ok. Smith and Whitworth at the tackles are solid, and hopefully the rookie acquits himself well. Cook at center... meh. We'll see.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Wharton is out for the season with a knee injury. Boling will start at LG in his place.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If it's coming from Rex Ryan, I tend to disregard it. That guy is full of it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I think the Bengals looked good in the game. Especially defensively. Our dline was wreaking havoc in the backfield all night and we did not give up any huge plays. Probably could have been better about containing Tebow, but this is only preseason so you gotta like that we kept them out of the endzone. Also, Burfict had an INT, that's impressive from an UFA.

Offensively, I liked how we operated. I think the big concerns are the second receiver, runningback, and now the LG position. I watched the tape delay and they said besides Green, our other WR have a total of 31 NFL passes or something like that. I thought Binns and Tate had some great catches, lets hope this translates to the regular season. At RB, the Law Firm looked solid and even caught a pass out of the backfield, gotta like that.

The biggest downfall has to be Wharton. I was excited that Dalton might have a solid line this year to give him time, but now we have a good veteran out for the season. Boling I believe filled in last year a few times. Hopefully, he develops quickly because the left side needs to be solid come regular season and Baltimore on Monday night.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I thought we looked good today. The offense settled down after a bumpy start. Dalton had some success against a great secondary, and Green-Ellis looks like he could be a pretty decent pickup. The D was suffocating. Tebow and/or Sanchez never really had a chance. We were in the backfield all day long. That D-line is just awesome.

The injuries were a concern. Dunlap, Wharton, Cook all among the players hurt. Here's hoping none of them are that seriously injured. Taylor Mays was also hurt, and Ray as well. Rough go of it on the injury side.

Overall, I was pleased. We have a tough schedule this year, so we could be better and take a step back record wise. But we looked good today. A lot better than the Jets, anyways.
    I haven't heard much about Cook's injury. What was it and where does it stand as of today?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I haven't heard much about Cook's injury. What was it and where does it stand as of today?
    I'm going to look into it more. I saw them mention it on the telecast, but have seen nothing of it since in anything I've read, so I'm assuming he's ok.

Turn Off Ads?