Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto out additional 7-10 days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Votto out additional 7-10 days

Returned to Cincinnati yesterday to have minor procedure on knee, per Tom Groeschen of the Enquirer on Twitter:

"Votto returned to Cincy last night and had minor procedure to remove piece of floating cartilage. Add 7-10 days to recovery time. #reds"

Re: Votto out additional 7-10 days

Ugh. Never good when there is an additional procedure.

Doesn't bode well for our chances of staying ahead of Pittsburgh
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Doesn't bode well for our chances of staying ahead of Pittsburgh
    The Reds are better than Pitt with or w/o Votto.

Luckily we have the Cubs, Mets and Cubs to deal with. But then... at Philly, at home vs. St. Louis, and at Arizona. Let's hope he's back just in time.

Makes the decision to not acquire Overbay look less and less attractive. Say hello to more Miguel Cairo.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Makes the decision to not acquire Overbay look less and less attractive. Say hello to more Miguel Cairo.
    Overbay is still available, hopefully this would change Walt's mind.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Yeah. With Votto out and Rolen being injury prone, it was fairly obvious the Reds needed to add another bat. Yet the Reds stood pat. They have to make a move now.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yeah. With Votto out and Rolen being injury prone, it was fairly obvious the Reds needed to add another bat. Yet the Reds stood pat. They have to make a move now.
    In fairness to management, we have gone 17-8 without Votto. It's not like the ship's been sinking and they stood by and did nothing. I'm sure they will do something to shore up the bench by the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    In fairness to management, we have gone 17-8 without Votto. It's not like the ship's been sinking and they stood by and did nothing. I'm sure they will do something to shore up the bench by the end of August.
    In fairness to you, I'll say I agree with your reasoning behind mgmt's handling of this. That and Walt just doesn't seem to do much in the way of deadline dealings any more. All of that said, the Reds weaknesses were obvious, regardless of the record. It really bothers me that they may have justified standing pat based on a current winning streak. I would hope they weren't that short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    In fairness to you, I'll say I agree with your reasoning behind mgmt's handling of this. That and Walt just doesn't seem to do much in the way of deadline dealings any more. All of that said, the Reds weaknesses were obvious, regardless of the record. It really bothers me that they may have justified standing pat based on a current winning streak. I would hope they weren't that short sighted.
    I think the game has changed, and Walt realizes that. And I think that's good for us. I definitely wanted a bat at the deadline, but if teams were asking for too much (as Walt said), I trust his judgment in the matter.

That being said, it's still frustrating our best options off the bench are Cairo and Valdez. That's putrid. No idea why we haven't signed Overbay. Would seemingly be a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    They were last year and it did not work...it has worked this year but I do not understand their inertia really. They treat this Team Chemistry thing with this team like a Faberge egg.... like if moving out a non-producing player is going to have the whole house of cards fall down.

Unfortunate indeed. So we're talking 7-10 days beyond the original, which would put his return in early September?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Unfortunate indeed. So we're talking 7-10 days beyond the original, which would put his return in early September?
    July 17th was original surgery with 3-4 week recovery time. 7-10 additional days puts him somewhere between August 21-24. So we are looking at Phillies or Cardinals series more than likely. It was sounding like he was eyeing this upcoming home stand with sliding being last challenge. So if you assume he was coming back on the 14th, then add 7-10 days to that.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I doubt it would be that long. They'd want to have him back by the end of the month for the stretch run and the playoffs.

Turn Off Ads?