Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Votto out additional 7-10 days

Re: Votto out additional 7-10 days

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    All jokes aside, the Reds need to get Votto back for no other reason than to get him back in the groove while giving Dusty time to figure out how he wants to play Ludwick/Rolen/Frazier in only two spots on a day to day basis.
    Between the days off Dusty has consistently given Rolen and Ludwick, I'm not worried about Frazier getting time at 3B and LF. Heisey's the one who may not see the field much beyond a PH role and occasional start in CF.

2. Turn Off Ads?

All has been incredibly quiet on the Votto front. I haven't seen any updates since he first resumed baseball activities. I find it so wonderful that he can just take his time in getting back because this team has been playing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    All has been incredibly quiet on the Votto front. I haven't seen any updates since he first resumed baseball activities. I find it so wonderful that he can just take his time in getting back because this team has been playing so well.
    Since he didn't make the trip to Philadelphia with the team, there won't be any updates until they get back home. My guess is we're looking at Sept 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Since he didn't make the trip to Philadelphia with the team, there won't be any updates until they get back home. My guess is we're looking at Sept 1
    It would be awesome if Votto and Hamilton both get a "call up" on the same day, eh? How many teams get to add baseball's best hitter and its fastest man on the same day?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Update: Sun 8/26/2012

Jim Day ‏@JimDayTV
    Dusty says the plan is to have Votto go to Dayton sometime this week to rehab in hopes that he can join #Reds next weekend in Houston.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post

Jim Day ‏@JimDayTV
    Dusty says the plan is to have Votto go to Dayton sometime this week to rehab in hopes that he can join #Reds next weekend in Houston.
    This is the last week of the regular season in the minor leagues so I expected they would try to get Votto a rehab appearance. Dayton is home through Friday so the timing works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    This is the last week of the regular season in the minor leagues so I expected they would try to get Votto a rehab appearance. Dayton is home through Friday so the timing works out well.
    As I understand things, if Votto rejoins the team on September 1 Reds don't have to drop a player. That's next Saturday. So hopefully Joey will be on the active roster next Saturday.

Jim Day ‏@JimDayTV
    Votto just said he’s going to Dayton Tuesday to rehab #reds
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Jim Day ‏@JimDayTV
    Votto just said he’s going to Dayton Tuesday to rehab #reds
    That is great news. I will be at the Dragons game on Wednesday. I would expect they will probably give Votto maybe 3 games rehab (Tues-Thurs) and then fly him to Houston. As KC said if they just hold him out Friday they won't have to make a roster move and then they could activate him Saturday.

It looks like it will be two games in Dayton (Tuesday and Wednesday) depending on how Votto is feeling

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...mes-in-dayton/

“Hopefully two (games), depending on how I’m feeling,” Votto said. “I’m a little apprehensive because I haven’t played in such a long time, but once I get going I’ll feel fine.”

Votto still won’t forecast which day he might rejoin the Reds:

“That’s too far off. … I’ve got a long way to go with my swing.”

Jim Day ‏@JimDayTV
    He might face tougher pitching in Dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't think anyone should be concerned that he still feels pain. That's likely to be the case the rest of this season. As long as the pain isn't severe and is just soreness, he's fine.
    I found this image today at work, it's essentially what a tear is, and you're right pain will be felt and it could be a while based on the original tear or the reinjury

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I found this image today at work, it's essentially what a tear is, and you're right pain will be felt and it could be a while based on the original tear or the reinjury
    I tore my meniscus in December. Didn't have surgery, but did go through physical therapy. It worked, and I don't have any of the sort of pain I used to have. However, if I turn the wrong way or move the wrong way when I'm on my hands and knees, I definitely feel what I would call a twinge. It goes away quickly, though, and there are no lingering effects. I'd be surprised if this isn't what Votto is feeling at this point.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I had the same surgery Votto had. The knee didn't feel really stable for a few months. There were twinges for about that long, as well, when I moved quickly laterally. Takes a while to "trust" it.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I was scoped back in the 90's. For a couple of years I thought it hadn't been effective since I still felt those twinges. And then they stopped and none since.
    It takes a while I guess.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?